mtbr member
    Jul 2004

EVIL Bikes question

I didn't know this was a local company. Can't get much more local than Seattle. I'm not exactly in the market for a new bike but reading about the Uprising has got me wondering. Does anyone ride an evil bike? an Uprising? How is it?

thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Eerie View Post
    I didn't know this was a local company. Can't get much more local than Seattle. I'm not exactly in the market for a new bike but reading about the Uprising has got me wondering. Does anyone ride an evil bike? an Uprising? How is it?

thanks
    go to the all mountain forum. plenty of info. see Evil Uprising Reviews
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Uprising is the best 150mm bike i have been on, pedals so well but feels like a DH bike when pointed the fun way! I'm going to get one soon.

Plus Strobel is there team rider and is from/lives in Issaquah, one of the fast American on a bike.
    Video: An Evil Uprising - Pinkbike

Diamondback, Kona, Raleigh, Redline, Novara and Transition are all company's that operate out of Western WA. We roll pretty deep with bike companys here which is rad!
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

Sustainable quality trails please.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    ty - that's what I'm talking about! Kona and Transition get ALOT of love around these parts for being local. I had no idea EVIL was a Seattle company.

As far as the uprising goes I'm intrigued by it because it sounds like a fun bike to ride. I'm interested in a "springy" feeling bike. I ride a 06 enduro which is still a great bike but I've gotten to thinking the fsr suspension is *meh* good for climbing & pedalling but not so much for jumping & popping the little fun stuff on the sides of trails. I remember taking a quick spin on my buddies' kona coilair and thinking it was springy and would be fun to ride around. Clearly I need to go to a big demo day at Duthie and ride some other bikes.

Just roll it......
    Canfield is also in B'ham these days.

The new Process from Kona is a bike worth looking at for sure.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Eerie View Post
    I'm interested in a "springy" feeling bike. =
    The Uprising is about the plushest 150mm bike I've been on so might not be what your looking for then. For me "springy is the last thing I want in a bike cuz I like going fast and sending it here and there, but that's just me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbty View Post
    Uprising is the best 150mm bike i have been on, pedals so well but feels like a DH bike when pointed the fun way! I'm going to get one soon.

Plus Strobel is there team rider and is from/lives in Issaquah, one of the fast American on a bike.
    Video: An Evil Uprising - Pinkbike

Diamondback, Kona, Raleigh, Redline, Novara and Transition are all company's that operate out of Western WA. We roll pretty deep with bike companys here which is rad!
    Hey, Ty, where did they film Luke on the Uprising?
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I don't know where the rutted and jumpy stuff is at, probably a don't ask, don't tell place. The wide, hard packed stuff is Grand Ridge.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    The Uprising is about the plushest 150mm bike I've been on so might not be what your looking for then. For me "springy is the last thing I want in a bike cuz I like going fast and sending it here and there, but that's just me.
    I'm probably not explaining it very well. No matter, proves the point I need to go demo a bunch of bikes to find out what I really like. With the variety of trails around here it's hard to settle on just two bikes (everything bike & DH). Actually, Duthie almost forces me to have a "tweener" bike. Curses Duthie, Curses!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Bike mag dudes pretty stoked on this in their new bible but mention tire clearance concerns. I want one, but I want lots of bikes lol

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I don't know where the rutted and jumpy stuff is at, probably a don't ask, don't tell place. The wide, hard packed stuff is Grand Ridge.
    That's funny. Now that you say that parts of it are filmed on Grand Ridge, I can actually see that! I really didn't see that before.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Evil makes great bikes, but their customer service is nonexistent...they don't even have a current website. On the other hand, Transition has amazing customer service. No experience with Kona