mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Evergreen Tent Stolen from E. Tiger Today - Please help us get it back!

Hey folks - One of our new, Evergreen branded pop up tents walked away from the E. Tiger Summit parking lot today. The 10x10 pop up tent is dark blue with our logo on every side (pic below).

It was stashed in the trees near the kiosk this morning (Friday, Sept 13th) and gone when the trail crew came out. These are not cheap, and we really need them.

If you have any info, or saw anyone doing anything with an Evergreen tent at Tiger today, please dm me or email mikew @ evergreenmtb.org (no spaces, of course). No questions asked.

Thanks!
    Name:  IMG_4048-web.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  44.0 KB
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

mtbr member
    Really bad karma to steal from a non-profit on fri. the 13th. It will turn up, they could never set it up anywhere.

mtbr member
    Errr.... it's not the 13th.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    "The Day of Caring" is what it was.

Flats, mechanicals, and you can't look at mirrors anymore because you feel guilty so call the office and say you found it and no questions asked.

Yeah sure they are reading this...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Really a shame. With the location of the theft, very likely the thief could have been a mountain biker. Disappointing. I had a wheel tray stolen off my Thule bike rack in this lot two weeks ago, I'm sure that was a mtb'er. What the hell is wrong with people?

I didn't do it
    I see a lot of shady characters in those lots - a lot of them obviously not mt bike folks. I'm always a little worried that something of mine is going to go away while I'm up there. If bike people are responsible for these thefts then I hope they run into a tree and.... oh never mind. Hope they get caught. Keeping an eye on the Craigslist.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I always feel a bit anxious parking in either lot, but have not had a problem yet. I see lots of window glass on the ground in both lots. If I feel particularly worried, I drive my older pickup instead of the newish SUV.

The lower DOT lot is particularly vile though--it's obvious that it gets used as a latrine rather regularly.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    Errr.... it's not the 13th.
    Learn to read.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by ser jameson View Post
    Learn to read.
    Uh maybe you need to learn to read. Or at least explain your comment.

Moist and Delicious
    It was stolen on (or about) Friday the 13th, regardless of the posting date, at least according to the OP. So there.... I guess?
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nasai View Post
    It was stolen on (or about) Friday the 13th, regardless of the posting date, at least according to the OP. So there.... I guess?
    Ah, thus the confusion. Happened yesterday, the 20th. My guess is someone saw the tent being stashed in the bushes and decided to swipe it once the crew left the lot.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by EvergreenStacy View Post
    Hey folks - One of our new, Evergreen branded pop up tents walked away from the E. Tiger Summit parking lot today. The 10x10 pop up tent is dark blue with our logo on every side (pic below).

It was stashed in the trees near the kiosk this morning (Friday, Sept 13th) and gone when the trail crew came out. These are not cheap, and we really need them.
    I think it is safe to say it was stolen on the 20th (yesterday) despite Stacy's message saying it was the 13th. She specifically said "today" and "this morning", and the posting was made on the 20th. More evidence points to the 20th rather than the 13th.

Thus endeth the reading comprehension section of the quiz.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    The point remains to whomever it is please return it no ? asked for not realizing it belonged to Evergreen.

On our side we should have tossed into a car not the woods to avoid this unfortunate misunderstanding.
    Last edited by paleo; 09-21-2013 at 11:28 PM.

I5Troll
    Great news... we found the tent. One of the Tiger Mt communications site workers found it and threw it in his pickup. I'm working with him to get it back. The details are a little fuzzy, but he found it and locked it up in one of the comms buildings.

I didn't do it
    Well son of a gun, a happy ending! I wonder how he found it in the first place though.