mtbr member

Evergreen Mountain Bike Festival Planning Meeting

Hello everyone,

Well, it's 2012 and time to start planning the first ever Evergreen Mountain Bike Festival, which will occur in June. The last 2 years we have celebrated Duthie Hill with a day filled with demo bikes and fun. This year we want to amp things up a bit. How can we take a weekend in June and turn it into an awesome mountain biking celebration? I need ideas for what we can do (races, rides, what ever), and volunteers who want to help make it happen. I am also looking for ideas on what other events mtbers want to see Evergreen put on during 2012. We are going to have an organisational meeting Thursday, January 19, at The Issaquah BrewHouse in Issaquah. The meeting will start at 6:30 and you come later if you need to. All mountain bikers are welcome to attend, and let me know if you want to get involved but can't make the meeting (petersherrill@gmail.com) or if you just want to give me some ideas on what we can do. Also, please sign up on the Evergreen calendar if you are coming to the meeting.

Thanks,
    Peter Sherrill

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    How about a best-trick contest at the bottom of DWB?

Or, add one more jump after the end of the middle Luna line, and have the contest there. Not as big as the DWB toolshed, but the jump would be right there in the clearing for convenient viewing / cheering / showing-off / etc.

mtbr member
    We are going to try to have a judged jumping contest. Where would be the best place? Deep water horizon step up, bottom of DWB, or ?

mtbr member
    Camping, with night time trail riding.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slop View Post
    We are going to try to have a judged jumping contest. Where would be the best place? Deep water horizon step up, bottom of DWB, or ?
    ...Both?

If you were only going to have one, though, the step up would probably be the better option.