Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Enter the Octagon....

If you dare....

It's semi-official. The log maze at Colonnade is almost officially done. But, the Octagon of Death is complete and Skooks was there, 911 on speed dial, ready for the first lap I rode around that went just fine. Totally "doable".

Enjoy! (Sorry, no pics...) Yet...

Sorry, monster big bike long wheelbase bikes may have trouble. Bwahahahahahahaha!
    Watch that derailleur and go slooow.

mtbr member
    if this line is the one i am thinking of, i made it no prob on the v-10...but it prolly isn't what i am thinkin of, so who knows...post some pics son. then we know what you are talkin' about.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Edited, just 'cuz....
    Last edited by Borneo; 03-10-2008 at 09:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Borneo, post some pics Some of us don't get tired of colonnade shots
    Jimmy B

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo
    Edited, just 'cuz....
    What, I thought you had a pair?

Too bad, that was the funniest post in ages.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    They'll need to come from elsewhere. I don't plan to be back down there for some time. There's too much else to do.

Yeah, thanks AC. Just not in the mood to swizzle.

Just roll it......
    Nice job on the Octagon Borneo! Me, Juice and Kennedy were having an easier go of it than Westra on his Stinky, but he got it after a few tries.

Super fun and a great skill builder for locals since you can ride it in either direction. I like the use of the "U" shaped log too.

See ya tomorrow in the woods.

Cheers,
    EB

I5Troll
    Yes, very nice job!! Difficult, plenty of room to grow skills for most riders, and low risk, so attemptable by anyone. Took me a while to make it all the way around. The long wheelbase Stinky was really just my excuse... Kennedy and EB were rear wheel kickin' their way around just fine. I am going back with the hardtail soon. I'll grab some pics.

The straight log line from the top is also very well done! Love that gnarly maple!

mtbr member
    mike, what's up w/ the no parking signs @ the top parking area?? i went to ride it today, and the entire street, including the other side of the road and the offramp parking, was blocked off w/ no parking signs.

mtbr member
    Need pictures, Please.....

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by sgsrider
    mike, what's up w/ the no parking signs @ the top parking area?? i went to ride it today, and the entire street, including the other side of the road and the offramp parking, was blocked off w/ no parking signs.
    Look at the dates on the signs. There for work going on between the 11th and 14th on the road.

EB

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hehehe. Mike should get some posted today. I'm not driving back into town for some pictures unless I really need to. Not at 4 bucks a gallon. The lack of pictures s/b incentive for everyone to get down there and see it for yourself.

Now the big question: easier clockwise or counterclock wise?

Mike, feel free to dump a big load of wood chips in the middle for some extra padding...

EB, I bailed on snowboarding today to get the wall ride at home started and will be out earlier than later.

I5Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Look at the dates on the signs. There for work going on between the 11th and 14th on the road.
    When that happens, there's usually plenty of parking further south on Lakeivew and behind that apartment building just south of the freeway exit.

Just roll it......
    EB, I bailed on snowboarding today to get the wall ride at home started and will be out earlier than later.
    Sounds good. I'll be in the area around 3'ish.

Just a head's up that one of the "off ramps" that head's back up the hill was not secured and rolled out of place. It wasn't the one that is on the far downhill side....I could ride that one all the way back up to the dirt. It was the one in the middle between that one and the primary downhill skinny.

As for CW or CCW, I rode it in both directions and CCW was harder for me, but that's because I have a harder time hopping my wheel to the left.

EB

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can get Mike to screw it in better. I only had some short screws when I was finishing it up and the long ones were locked up in the shed.

Hmmm, you shouldn't have to hop the back wheel to get around. I rode it both ways on the Covert with the fork extended with at least a full tire on al the time.

BTW: Sorry I missed out today. Family stuff. I'll be out about 1 tomorrow though for an extended session to make up for it.

Hairy man
    Checked that out this morning. Beautiful. I didn't attempt it because I couldn't face failure that early in the day (I did a couple loops on Skook's beginner area. ah, the feel of success.)

Stage 2 has come a long way in a pretty short time. I'm amazed at how nice everything is looking. It's almost ready for the movie crews to arrive.
    We all get it in the end.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Pics ASAP!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I'll stop by after work.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

Just roll it......
    Hmmm, you shouldn't have to hop the back wheel to get around. I rode it both ways on the Covert with the fork extended with at least a full tire on al the time.
    Yeah, I was able to as well, but there was a couple of occasions where I ddn't get my front wheel outside enough that I had to hop (on one or two corners).

EB

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Leaving a message right now for Mike about the loose log.

Thanks Dave. People seem to like action shots.

Damn rain......

mtbr member
    May 2004
    OK kids here you go!
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    This is the latest batch of free wood. Always looking for more, contact Mike for details
    [IMG][/IMG]

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks Dave. I hope that will sate them.

The wood was actually two truck loads too and is a LOT of lumber!

(Thanks to my sister for that.)

Moist and Delicious
    Nice stuff, Bob. Gonna check it out tomorrow, hopefully.

I5Troll
    Thanks for the pics, Dave !

And Thanks a ton (or several tons, literally) for the rough-cut fir, Borneo !!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast