mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Elevated Trail Completed at Castle Rock Bike Park

A crew of 24 made big progress at the CR Bike Park on March 11th. We finished the 275-foot elevated trail on the east side, worked on five drops of varying heights, and completed about 100 feet of a skinny that includes a teeter-totter and assorted gnarl. Story and photos here. Follow us on Facebook at Castle Rock Bike Skills Park.

Just roll it......
    Very nice!!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thumbs up as well.

Interesting way to do the berms to "meld" with the rest of the area.

Where is said park? I thought it was by the freeway and was doing some serious rubbernecking on my ways by last week when I went down to Oregon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Very cool.
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Thumbs up as well.

Interesting way to do the berms to "meld" with the rest of the area.

Where is said park? I thought it was by the freeway and was doing some serious rubbernecking on my ways by last week when I went down to Oregon.
    It's at Exit 49 as you head south. Right at the end of the ramp into town. Turn right at the second stop sign onto A Street. Just before the bridge, take a left. Right at the second stop sign onto Dike Road. (We will eventually have signage).

The elevated trail is a something-for-everyone feature and isn't really about speed (because you can't generate much) so we tried to stay simple with the berms.

We don't have much of a budget, so we do everything we can with recycled materials - concrete slabs from street demolition, PUD poles, old supports for highway signs, railroad ties, culverts and whatever else we can come up with.

Since we don't have a blueprint, we typically take a look at the materials available and start building features based on what we have. Ya gotta love the creative process.