Don't worry, be happy!

Effective immediately: Discovery Pass now valid for two vehicles starting today.

Fixed. Finally.

Governor signs Discover Pass bill; two-vehicle covered starting today - Outdoors blog - Spokesman.com - March 30, 2012

PUBLIC LANDS A Washington Discover Pass required for parking in state parks and most other state lands is valid for two vehicles starting today, according to legislation signed this afternoon by Gov. Chris Gregoire.

The change took effect immediately. Holders of previously issued annual Discover Passes may enter a second vehicle license number on their existing pass.

The rule making the $30 annual pass valid for only one vehicle was largely criticized by consumers after the state recreation land pass was enacted in July 2011.

Pass transfer between two vehicles also applies to vehicle access passes (VAPs) issued free with purchases of annual fishing and hunting licenses for access to Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) recreation lands and water- access sites.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Not some strong thinkers involved at the onset of the Discover Pass. The fact it had to go through all of this hulabaloo to get revised on an issue that is dead obvious to most anybody it affects, does not instill confidence.
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

Biking Like Crazy!
    That's probably why WA needed the extra session!

Better late than never though!

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    A half assed fix, but at least Oly didn't find a way to make it worse.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    FYI: I just picked one up at the Redmond REI and it still states, "only one vehicle". Thanks to this forum, I may ahve a fix for that. But, wanted to let folks know the documentation has not changed yet.

mtbr member
    They have a ton of pre-printed material and passes they need to use up still from last year.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I figured as such but the gub'ment isn't usually worried about being thrifty.