Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012

E. Tiger Mountain Trails–Including THREE New Trails–Are Opening Tomorrow!

Great news everyone...All trails on E. Tiger are open to ride for the summer season starting tomorrow - Saturday, April 12th. These include all the old favorites: Iverson, East Summit/Preston and NW Timber. Plus, we’re pleased to announce that three new trails: Silent Swamp, Joy Ride and Fully Rigid are also open to ride (see map below)!!

With the addition of these three trails, Tiger now has 12 miles of sweet singletrack for you to enjoy. Best of all, the days of riding the gravel road from Preston to NW Timber are now gone.

We actually really need people to ride these new trails while they are dry to help pack ‘em in. So if you didn't already have plans this weekend...Now you do.

All trails are snow free, and should be in great shape thanks to a big trail work push over the winter by Evergreen, DNR and lots of amazing volunteers.

However, keep in mind that new trails are especially vulnerable to rutting when they get wet and muddy. So when the rains return later next week, please give these new trails a break and ride elsewhere.

Enjoy!

E. Tiger Mountain Trails–Including THREE New Trails–Are Opening Tomorrow!-tiger_spring2014plan_0331.jpg
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

mtbr member

Re: E. Tiger Mountain Trails–Including THREE New Trails–Are Opening Tomorrow!

Thank You Evergreen Trail Team for new trails between Preston and the nw timber trail!

Thanks for walking to the excavator in the dark so you could run the tool at daybreak and walk back to your trucks after dark.
    Last edited by Len.Francies; 04-12-2014 at 10:31 PM.

bro not pro
    is there a recommended direction ?
    G O N Z

Fat-tired Roadie
    Awesome!

It may not be for two weeks, but I am most definitely going to make a pilgrimage.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonz View Post
    I suggest we ride up the trail and down the gravel road. Let's do it today.

mtbr member
    Rode out there today and it was a amazing! I had gone to several work parties and helped on various sections of each new trail, and it was really sweet to finally get to ride them!

Im glad to see Fully Rigid was kept tight and technical. I sometimes hear people complain that Evergreen "dumbs down trails" or that "the DNR wont allow fun techy mountain bike trails" and i think Fully Rigid puts both those to rest.

I shot a lot of video today and will post up some clips of the new trails if anyone is interested.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yes, Please post video.

Do you need a parking pass to park at the trailhead? Didn't in the past but I heard it's required now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by conradical View Post
    Yes, Please post video.

Do you need a parking pass to park at the trailhead? Didn't in the past but I heard it's required now.
    Evergreen website says Discover Pass is only required at the upper lot. I'm heading out now to check out the new trails. Woo Hoo!

mtbr member
    Video #1
    Fully Rigid to the Silent Swamp/Joy Ride intersection.

Joyride and Silent Swamp videos posted down below!
    Last edited by Mr. Lynch; 04-14-2014 at 07:38 PM.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Rode Fully Rigid and Joy Ride today.

Wow. Thanks so much to the people who put this together. The new trails absolutely went above and beyond my expectations and it's amazing to see how well constructed and GNARLY they are. Looking forward to hitting Tiger many times this season and working up to riding these new trails at a bit less of a snails pace!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Lynch, looks fun going down but wondering how "ridable" it may be going up???

May have to ride Tiger this year.

mtbr member
    Joy Ride to NWT

I personally wouldnt want to climb Fully Rigid. A lot of people were though!
    If you want a mostly singletrack ride, going NWT-Joy Ride-Silent Swamp then up Preston would be sweet. Then when you come back down you can climb the crossover road and drop into Fully Rigid-Joy Ride-NWT.

Lots of ways to link them up and keep it interesting though! I saw a lot of people dropping into Silent Swamp near Preston, but I personally like it better from the Joy Ride/Fully Rigid side.
    Last edited by Mr. Lynch; 04-14-2014 at 07:37 PM.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    Borneo, it's rideable going up. Have done it. But we built it to be a challenge to do so. It's way more fun going with gravity.

mtbr member
    It is short enough that even if you had to walk parts it would still be pretty cool. I bet it is pretty challenging to ride clean!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Victory!

Wow, this is huge, awesome job Evergreen and supporters!

Probably won't be there till 2 weeks, but when I do, I'll be thinking of the huge victory to gain new trails at Tiger.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I rode out there today and it's amazing how good the new trails are. Seeing them at the enduro race and the progress that has been made is awesome. Big thank you to everyone that has put in work out there. It makes me want to come out on a work party and help out!

mtbr member

Re: E. Tiger Mountain Trails–Including THREE New Trails–Are Opening Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    May have to ride Tiger this year.
    I know south of I90 is venturing off the edge of the map for you. Let's ride tiger and some of your stuff and have a beer and then have a proper friendly comparison of how the world now a better place..
    Last edited by Len.Francies; 04-14-2014 at 11:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Rode it today. Left the parking area at 5:00 rode out NW Timber, up Joyride (it was a grunt but rideable), then an easy cruiser down Silent Swamp, road climb up to the Fully Rigid entrance (got there at 6:20) then down Fully Rigid, Joyride and NWT to the parking lot by at 6:53. Trails were great. It's nice to get a good reward for the uphill workout. Fully Rigid was pretty steep. I don't think I would climb that instead of taking advantage of the cruiser run down Silent Swamp and then climbing the road to the Fully Rigid trail head. Trails were in really good shape with only a few mud sections. Kudos to all who worked on this great trail. My only complaint is that the awesome DH was over way too quickly. I wanted do it again. Maybe next time. At least now I know I can hit it for a quick spin after work and still be done by dark. WooHoo!
    See you on the trail.

mtbr member
    After Summit/Preston, didn't have the energy left for Silent Swamp but Fully Rigid and Joy Ride were outstanding. We were hootin' all the way down which seemed like a lot more than 10 minutes top to bottom. True works of art.

Joyride was the perfect cross between the flow of Summit and skill-testing tech. Fav was the huge left hand berm with the large rock built in. Can't really imagine climbing those trails though...for fun.

The only problem is bonking on NWT coming in. That was a big day. Gonna be in primo shape this year.

Thank you builders!

mtbr member

GoPro Cardio Mount

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    Video #1
    Fully Rigid to the Silent Swamp/Joy Ride intersection.

Joyride and Silent Swamp videos coming soon!
    Either you've got a serious techno-beat for background music or your heart rate was 156 on Fully Rigid.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    I got out there yesterday, rode to the summit and did the summit trail for the first time. Then down Preston, then up the fireroad to Fully Rigid, then to Joy Ride, then NW Timber back to the lot. I was pressed for time or I would have taken a left onto Silent after Fully rigid, then climbed back up the fire road one more time.... Next time!

Gorgeous day, and I met some nice folks.

mtbr member
    Its funny how the new Gopro 3 picks up my heartbeat. Never had that happen with the original Gopro HD.

I'll post up Silent Swamp tonight. It looks kind of boring on the map (straight line), but is a lot of fun to ride!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonz View Post
    Options abound Gonz, including a few that don't include riding to the top and hitting the Summit or Preston. Check this thread for a few ideas...Tiger Mtn. Trails opening April 15th?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Len.Francies View Post
    Thank You Evergreen Trail Team for new trails between Preston and the nw timber trail!

Thanks for walking to the excavator in the dark so you could run the tool at daybreak and walk back to your trucks after dark.
    And thank YOU Len for all your hard work out there with the saw. It takes a big team to build a great trail (or 3).

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRush View Post
    I rode out there today and it's amazing how good the new trails are. Seeing them at the enduro race and the progress that has been made is awesome. Big thank you to everyone that has put in work out there. It makes me want to come out on a work party and help out!
    Yay! Glad you enjoyed the new trails. Clearly our job here is done.

Please do come out to a work party Big Rush. They're almost as much fun as riding, but even better, helping work on a trail makes riding it that much MORE fun!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast