Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    Here's the link:
    Evergreen MTB Calendar

Just registered. Last time was a lot of fun. Got to meet some cool people, have some BBQ, and shuttle the trails. I don't know if ill be able to pedal up tiger after this. Spoiled by shuttling.

Is there going to be another keg? :P

mtbr member
    Kegs up top, you have to pedal to it though!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Earn your buzz.

Btw, what trails are getting worked on?

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    A very new trail and it shares a name with a beverage. For sure to become a hit.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005

I5Troll
    Thanks for sharing the write-up, Woodway!

All, There are still several spots open on this weekend's WP, BBQ, shuttle and keg day. Work will focus on the 3 new trails and (as Nick mentioned) the new PBR trail (Preston Bailout).

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Used to do the grinder up to Preston then gravel to the power lines before NWTT was in many moons ago. Just did it yesterday this time Preston to Silent to Joy to NWTT to Iverson. Last half of the Preston is still a bone jarring experience. Don't go thinking the Silent and Joy ride are an easy cut across to avoid gravel. They will work you good!

Nice job on the trails Evergreen, I think riding up and taking a right at the T and over to Silent > Joy > NWTT or looping those would be a good option to avoid the Preston beat down. I'm getting old!
    Fish

EMBA Member
    I think the best thing about what has been added since Summit opened last year is that there is such variety between the different trails, with even more variety to come from what I've read about what is currently in process. Great opportunity for people with different riding preferences to tailor a ride that suits their style. For me, I love Preston just the way it is - wouldn't want it any other way.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by mwestra2 View Post
    All, There are still several spots open on this weekend's WP, BBQ, shuttle and keg day.
    How was the workparty yesterday?

I5Troll
    Work Party was most-awesome! Huge thanks everybody! Had 46 volunteers -- about 38 digging on Joyride, Silent Swamp and PBR, and about 8 supporters doing shuttles, bbq, tents, parking, etc. Huge thanks to Trek and the Trek Bicycle Store of Southcenter!!

Please post pics if you took 'em.

I was busy pulling a tick out of my dog's eyelid so didn't see who won the schwag. Post here if you won something cool!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Did my first rides of the season this weekend, I really like the new trails and work of Preston has made a world of difference.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I popped my Tiger cherry yesterday! It was amazing to say the least, def pushed me a bit beyond my limits. I did Summit to fully rigid and Joy ride. I got two follow two guys around who were super helpful. The ride was great until I jammed my chain just after dropping into fully rigid and it wasnt long after that I went over the handlebars near the bottom of Joy Ride where it gets a bit more open with jagged rocks. All in all a few scrapes and bruises... ill be back! haha

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Is off the grid gonna be open by late June/early July? Am gonna be visiting the area then....

mtbr member
    It probably depends on how many people go out and help make it happen!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsam84 View Post
    Is off the grid gonna be open by late June/early July? Am gonna be visiting the area then....
    DNR is leading the charge on that trail, and I haven't hear a more recent update, but they are hoping for mid-summer. Of course, in Seattle technically that means August since summer runs July 5th to September 30th most years.

BTW...great answer on that Mr. Lynch.
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

mtbr member
    We rode Tiger tonight at 6pm. I was stunned the lot was pretty much completely full.

Up on the trails the new work was very noticeable and very appriciated! Things were riding great and mud was pretty minimal. I really liked the work on Preston to help dry out the end section of switchbacks 3? It rode really nice. Still techy just with less water!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Tiger was busy last night! Trails are in great shape and the work to help dry preston is appreciated.

I can tell more people are coming by the refuse building up at the summit. People need to haul out their trash from the top. How hard is it to pack it out if you've already carried it up?

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    Latest on OTG is probably late July or August time frame for opening. The usual caveats apply.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by specialev View Post
    Tiger was busy last night! Trails are in great shape and the work to help dry preston is appreciated.

I can tell more people are coming by the refuse building up at the summit. People need to haul out their trash from the top. How hard is it to pack it out if you've already carried it up?
    I hear that! I put my empty bottle into my pack and my waffle wrapper into my pocket. Not too difficult, although it might have slowed my strava time down by .14 seconds! The 14g of extra weight really hurt!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    PSA message. While PBR hasn't been kept a secret, the builders would appreciate folks staying off the trail until it's ready to open. I worked on it today and had to repair damage from three bikes that chose to ride on and off the trail in places. This is time that could have been spent elsewhere on the trail getting it further along. If you're really interested in the trail, please come out and help dig. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    We considered checking it out yesterday, but since it obviously had not been tied in to PRT yet, we opted to continue down PRT and went on Silent Swamp, the stupid way, instead. What is the schedule for opening PBR up and closing down PRT from switchback #3 to the bottom?
    Last edited by DRSpalding; 05-23-2014 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Fix a typo
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    If people want to ride new stuff early do it the right way. Join a work party and earn a preview!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I've never seen a work party for that one. At least not on emba.

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    Evergreen had a work party on it last week. If you look higher in this thread you'll see it mentioned.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I was at that and thought everyone was on fully rigid or silent swamp. Ustve been tyler's group.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast