Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 78
  1. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,424
    Silent Swamp trail -
    This video is from the bottom of Fully Rigid to the huge bridge near the Preston side of the trail. Check out the cool "boardwalk" around the 6 minute mark.

    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    202
    Might have been cuz its Spring, but there was just a vibe out there today. Couldn't believe pulling up to a full lot on a Monday. Everyone seemed stoked and I can't help but think its because there are new trails. I classify these types of trails as "jigsaw puzzles". Fun from day one, but there will come a day when you flow that thing in your sleep. At first I wanted a faster section in there but then I thought hey the top is Big Ring madness the whole way down, why do you need more of that ? I thought about how the trail features were so perfectly placed - the trail doesn't really flow so much as have a beat as you swing the bike back and forth through the berms and change time signatures on the obstacles. And air time in there as well. And then how their character balances out the whole Tiger network and then I realized the trail builders are working on a whole different level, and my mind was blown.

    Get some before it rains, the surface is perfect up there right now.

  3. #28
    Squeaky Wheel
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,905

  4. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,424
    10 more miles! I know OTG is being built, but im curious about the other trails.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

  5. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    642
    I noticed a bunch of hand tools and what looked like a trail coming out to the road between the bottom of Preston RR and Fully Rigid, just north of the bridge. I initially thought it was the outlet of OTG, but I see on the map that it is nowhere near where OTG is supposed to exit, probably near Fully Rigid's entrance. Hmmm. New singletrack climbing trail perhaps that meets up with Preston RR?
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

  6. #31
    Sawyer Gnome
    Reputation: Nuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    I noticed a bunch of hand tools and what looked like a trail coming out to the road between the bottom of Preston RR and Fully Rigid, just north of the bridge. I initially thought it was the outlet of OTG, but I see on the map that it is nowhere near where OTG is supposed to exit, probably near Fully Rigid's entrance. Hmmm. New singletrack climbing trail perhaps that meets up with Preston RR?



    You didn't see nuthin'...
    Raleigh XXIX

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    Silent Swamp trail -
    This video is from the bottom of Fully Rigid to the huge bridge near the Preston side of the trail. Check out the cool "boardwalk" around the 6 minute mark.

    **Silent Swamp video **
    wow, I totally missed half of this trail. I road it during the work party but at some point it cut off to the right and put me on the road back towards NWT. I never saw the boardwalk stuff or the big bridge.

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuzzy View Post
    You didn't see nuthin'...
    Must have been somewhere else.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

  9. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,424
    So work parties with blindfolds?
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: moefosho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,851
    At first I thought you were riding that trail on a full rigid... I was impressed.


    Trails look awesome. Cant wait to make some trips over to the westside to try some more terrain.

  11. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,424
    While climbing up to Fully Rigid, a guy on a 2014 Stumpjumper full rigid Singlespeed bike past us and dropped into the trail. That was pretty impressive to me.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

  12. #37
    Rock Gnome
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    So work parties with blindfolds?
    Perhaps, or a 12 pack for admission.

  13. #38
    Sawyer Gnome
    Reputation: Nuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by jojotherider View Post
    wow, I totally missed half of this trail. I road it during the work party but at some point it cut off to the right and put me on the road back towards NWT. I never saw the boardwalk stuff or the big bridge.

    Yeah, you took the toter road. That boardwalk bridge section was a mess and mostly un-built for the longest time so the toter road acted as the trail for work parties.



    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    Must have been somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    So work parties with blindfolds?

    That's cool, right...? You get helicoptered in somewhere on the mountain and work for few, then potato sacked and end up back at the main lot.
    Raleigh XXIX

  14. #39
    Sawyer Gnome
    Reputation: Nuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    While climbing up to Fully Rigid, a guy on a 2014 Stumpjumper full rigid Singlespeed bike past us and dropped into the trail. That was pretty impressive to me.


    So there IS another full rigid rider in western Washington??? I must meet this person!
    Raleigh XXIX

  15. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,424
    This guy was solo, full spandex and when we said "good morning" as he passed he gave a look like we were screwing up his Strava time.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

  16. #41
    Sawyer Gnome
    Reputation: Nuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    This guy was solo, full spandex and when we said "good morning" as he passed he gave a look like we were screwing up his Strava time.


    Ah. Never mind then. It'd never work; I screw up everyone's Strava times.
    Raleigh XXIX

  17. #42
    I5Troll
    Reputation: mwestra2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,152
    E. Tiger Mountain Trails–Including THREE New Trails–Are Opening Tomorrow!-weather.jpg

    All the tires on the new trails through the recent dry spell has been absolutely awesome for packin' 'em down. But we're not there yet... lots of rain in the forecast. Take it easy on the new dirt if you can. Thanks!

  18. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DrewBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    480
    I hit all the trails on Tiger this morning, including two runs down Fully Rigid (Preston>road>Fully Rigid>Silent Swamp>Road>FR>Joyride>Timber.) I gotta say, the new trails were holding up really well! By far the worst riding on the mountain drainage-wise is still the middle of Preston, that thing was a raging river even 36h after the last rain on Thursday. The lower section below the new re-route looked good though!

  19. #44
    Rock Gnome
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    124
    So nice to be able to get a loop in without climbing to the top of the mountain. New trails were primo dirt. A couple spots are soupy that we already knew about and will mitigate.

  20. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    I hit all the trails on Tiger this morning, including two runs down Fully Rigid (Preston>road>Fully Rigid>Silent Swamp>Road>FR>Joyride>Timber.) I gotta say, the new trails were holding up really well! By far the worst riding on the mountain drainage-wise is still the middle of Preston, that thing was a raging river even 36h after the last rain on Thursday. The lower section below the new re-route looked good though!
    No Iverson or Summit Trail?
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

    Sustainable quality trails please.

  21. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    Silent Swamp trail -
    This video is from the bottom of Fully Rigid to the huge bridge near the Preston side of the trail. Check out the cool "boardwalk" around the 6 minute mark.

    I love the Veggy Gap pass at 54sec, made my week seeing someone do that. Been joking for a year about someone doing that. Did your whole crew pass em that way?
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

    Sustainable quality trails please.

  22. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbty View Post
    I love the Veggy Gap pass at 54sec, made my week seeing someone do that. Been joking for a year about someone doing that. Did your whole crew pass em that way?
    I was wondering if someone would notice it! As you can see in the video all my buddies were standing on the trail watching.

    Not sure if you remember but me and a couple other guys were at a work party over a year ago and we discussed that spot with you and built that section. Its the only reason I knew about it! We hit it after the big Microsoft workparty last year, but never got to link it as part of the trail. It is a lot of fun and looks way scarier than it is. A log and brush filled gap with a tree on the right and a nice steep hill on the left is a little intimidating looking!

    I have some video of that same area from a year ago and its amazing how much it changed. A lot of incredible work was done.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

  23. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuzzy View Post
    Ah. Never mind then. It'd never work; I screw up everyone's Strava times.
    you not the only one

  24. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    24
    Summit Trail rules, and OTG is going to be great. Tiger Mountain is strengthening its grip on bang-for-buck capitol of the area. Love it!

  25. #50
    I5Troll
    Reputation: mwestra2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,152
    Another bump... we need volunteers for this event. If you can't or don't want to do trail work, we could really use some shuttlers and shuttle vehicles... Subies, SUVs with racks, pickups, etc. Let us know. Thanks!

    E. Tiger Mountain Trails–Including THREE New Trails–Are Opening Tomorrow!-trekwpflyer.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tiger Mtn. Trails opening April 15th?
    By DrewBird in forum Washington
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-21-2014, 09:01 PM
  2. Tiger Mountain trails
    By cycling_engineer in forum Washington
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 08:48 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-14-2013, 07:47 PM
  4. Tiger Mountain Trails Closing on Mon Oct 24th
    By ggluv in forum Washington
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 07:59 PM
  5. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 08:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •