mtbr member
    Feb 2012

E. Tiger Mountain Seasonal Closure Update – Last Day to Ride is Monday, Nov 11th

The rains are back, and while we’ve had a lot of nice days, the water table on the mountain is full and the trails are about to get seriously muddy. In order to protect the trail tread, DNR closes the E. Tiger trails to all uses each fall – usually on October 15th, but the date is dependent on trail conditions. This year we’ve had almost an extra month to ride thanks to DNR and Mother Nature.

However, Tiger will be closed for the season on Tuesday, Nov 12th.

While we might not be riding, the seasonal closure gives DNR & Evergreen an opportunity to get back to work on the Preston RR Grade Trail; improving its drainage while maintaining its current, fun rooty & rocky character. We hope to improve the sustainability of the trail to potentially allow for a longer riding season on Tiger in the future.

Plus we’ll still be out there building the new Silent Swamp trail while DNR continues work on the new OTG (Off the Grid) trail. The goal is to have both trails open to ride early to middle of next season.

Enjoy the riding this weekend, then please respect the seasonal trail closure. And if you just can’t stay away, join us for the trail work parties that’ll be posted on the calendar soon.

Evergreen MTB Calendar
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

V-Shaped Rut
    I got out there yesterday. Conditions were good on the climb to the top, parts of Preston were basically riding in a small stream. It was a fun season but time to close fo sho.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Glad you got some big_slacker!

I rode Saturday, and had pretty much the same conditions. Amazing how cold that water is on Preston too...I was dressed just perfect except for my legs and butt through that section - which were very wet and chilly.

Once we got past the river the trail was in pretty nice shape overall. But yeah, when DNR says the water table is full and it's time to close, they aren't kidding.

Hopefully we can do some work over the winter to improve drainage on Preston.

EMBA Member
    I was out last night after dark and came across 3 teenagers and their mom near the bottom of Preston, all with no lights and lost. Managed to get them back to their car using both my lights on high. Memorable ending to the tiger season. These last several weeks have been as good riding on tiger as I've ever seen. Really looking forward to next year and some new trails to ride out there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Nice! Lots of extra karma in your karma bank for sure!!