Thread: Duthie Kudos

mtbr member

Good job! Duthie Kudos

Been out to Duthie three times in the last two weeks with my wife who wanted start riding. Our pattern so far is 2 Bootcamp laps and out. I just wanted to put some kudos out to the builders for creating such a great trail. Even with all the rain it's in perfect condition with zero mud (as planned.)

I've ridden it dozens of times but never realized how the design helps you learn to ride. She commented on how the berms let her go to the outside of the corner without worrying about sliding off the trail. Or how the smoothness gave her confidence to go faster. By her last lap (6th total) I couldn't believe how well she was carving the DH. That lean into the apex feeling is tough to learn on flat/tight single track.

So anyway, thank, and great work.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    While you are riding with her on BC, work on your own riding by trying to do it without touching the brakes at all It is possible and good practice for better riders.

That cheater lean into the apex is pretty much non-existant anywhere else so she'll have to learn sooner than later.

I5Troll
    Huge thanks for the post Navigator Man! You nailed one of Bootcamp's key objectives... not just a zero-barrier-to-entry trail suitable for beginners, families and tiny kids on push-bikes, but *fun* to learn on and even fun for experts to rip on. Check out this FB video of a 4-yr old riding Bootcamp for the first time on a pedal bike:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200914183883483

One of the things I've told crew leads and builders about Bootcamp: "I don't want to ever hear any kids crying on Bootcamp telling their parents they want to go back to the pump track. That's OK to hear on StepItUp, MovinOn and Braveheart, but not on Bootcamp". In fact I hear lots of adults crying and yelling on Cuss Hollow telling their spouses they want to go back to Bootcamp. Just kidding Borneo, I still ride it most times and cuss about 50% of the time.

Kevin, Nolan, Jon, Stu, Graham, Tyler, Bryan, TJ and a few others have all been leading our most awesome volunteers to dial in that Bootcamp dirt over the past year or so. We deal with a lot of criticism of it, but waaaaaay more kudos. Huge thanks for sticking with it guys... it's a sh--ton of work and it's really appreciated. (I've been too busted up to do much of any of it).

That Waters Guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mwestra2 View Post
    One of the things I've told crew leads and builders about Bootcamp: "I don't want to ever hear any kids crying on Bootcamp telling their parents they want to go back to the pump track.
    You know, Gus does that. But he wants to go back to Deuce's Wild, and not the pump track.
    Rolland

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks so much for the kudos Navigator! Would you be willing to let Evergreen use your kind comments as a testimonial on our Website and in other marketing? If so, please dm me your name so I can include that with your testimonial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    Been out to Duthie three times in the last two weeks with my wife who wanted start riding. Our pattern so far is 2 Bootcamp laps and out. I just wanted to put some kudos out to the builders for creating such a great trail. Even with all the rain it's in perfect condition with zero mud (as planned.)

I've ridden it dozens of times but never realized how the design helps you learn to ride. She commented on how the berms let her go to the outside of the corner without worrying about sliding off the trail. Or how the smoothness gave her confidence to go faster. By her last lap (6th total) I couldn't believe how well she was carving the DH. That lean into the apex feeling is tough to learn on flat/tight single track.

So anyway, thank, and great work.
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.