gmoney was gmoneybike

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Duthie Hill Park - Bootcamp Spur Trail Work Party II: Sun, May 31, 2009

Another Duthie Hill Trail Work Party Announcement

Bootcamp Spur Trail Work Party II: Sunday, May 31st - 9:30 AM
    For Sunday we'll focus on cutting the line & berm work

More Info:
    For informaton and directions to Duthie Hill please visit the Evergreen website; http://evergreenmtb.org/wiki/index.php?title=Duthie

Details
    -Sunday, May 31, 2009
    -9:30 am sharp: Meet at north park entrance/Duthie Hill lodge & carpool to south entrance/maintenace access road. If you have a full rig go directly to the south entrance (gate opened at 10:00am). If running late call (206) 372-1850.
    -10:00am meet at clearing, collect tools & hike in. Trailhead discussion.
    -10:30am begin work.
    -Bring eye protection, work clothes, appropriate footwear, lunch & water. Tools & gloves on site.
    -Finish 2:30 p.m. Possiby longer if you have time.

Questions? Please send a pm.

Thanks,

Gibran Hashmi
    Were looking at balz

gmoney was gmoneybike

Work Party Still On

Wanted to get this out in front of people again. Work party is still a go!

Duthie Hill Park - Bootcamp Spur Trail Work Party II: Sun, May 31, 2009
    Were looking at balz

mtbr member
    May 2009
    have you started planning anything for June yet? myself and a buddy that lives near there would like to help out. We're both kinda new to mountain biking but Duthie hill is about a 5 minute bike ride from his house. We're planning on spending a bit of time there so figured we'd contribute.

-joel

gmoney was gmoneybike

June Work

Quote Originally Posted by jojotherider
    have you started planning anything for June yet?
    jojotherider: Good to hear of your your interest!

I am planning to do work in June, primarily on weekends. I will continue to post on MTBR and the Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance (Evergreeen) website. I try to post a week in advance. Wish I cuould give better notice but its a busy summer with family and work. To view the Evergreen calendar click here; evergreenmtb.org/recreation/calendar_view.php

There are numerous oppotunities at Duthie with different crews and trail projects. Mid-week and weekend work parties are being listed all the time. Once you get plugged in you'll find yourself with almost too many options.

I'm working on the Bootcamp Advanced Spur Line (a more advanced option off an XC trail) but there are several freeride and standard XC lines being built as well. Something for everyone.
    Were looking at balz

mtbr member
    May 2004
    From yesterday.

Lunch Luna Chix style.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

gmoney was gmoneybike

Wrap Up

Sunday; Nick, "Kentucky" Bill and I added to our work on he Bootcamp Spur with time spared for a Quick spin on the main Bootcamp XC trail. Juice came by to chat having rode up Grand Ridge and has been busy himself leading trail parties and dialing in some great log rides.

On Bootcamp Spur we've been running into tons of organic and lots of roots. Its a slow go but each day we get a litte further. We have a challenging berm ahead of us and could use more hands when the time comes.

We also sampled Ryan's Trail, with Johan's (builder) permission who was out dialing things himself. Ryan's trail is gonna be hella fun once complete. Kevmo and Lrgxracheese were out sinking fence posts for a new ladder/jump/drop on the Highlife Crew (HLC) line. Its gonna be sweet with lots of speed shooting the rider into the second berm. HLC is getting things done.

I'll continue to post on MTBR and Evergreen for my Bootcamp Spur work parties. Please keep checking these same reources and tapping your own connections for informaton on future build opportunities at Duthie. Several crews working the trails right now with something for everyone.
    Were looking at balz

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Some good work being done, everything i saw looks very fun and flowy so far.
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../