mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Does anyone have a map/scan of the Black Diamond trail system?

I just started riding out there again and there are a ton of new trails. Cudos to all of the hard work that has gone into it. I used to ride there in the mid 90's when there were just a few trails, now it's been transformed into an incredible trail system but I keep getting turned around. So if anyone has a map they can scan and post or message me I would greatly appreciate it.

meh....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bammer55
    I just started riding out there again and there are a ton of new trails. Cudos to all of the hard work that has gone into it. I used to ride there in the mid 90's when there were just a few trails, now it's been transformed into an incredible trail system but I keep getting turned around. So if anyone has a map they can scan and post or message me I would greatly appreciate it.
    I've asked before, and been told there's a bike shop nearby that has them for sale.

Moist and Delicious
    What Monte said. BD Bikes sells 'em for like $5. You can't go wrong there, and you can support the community.

MTT
    mtbr member
    Nice people in that shop, but last time I was there (end of July I think), they didn't have any maps. Just go ride it- even if you have a map, you will get lost; but as long as you know that on one side is the highway and on the other there is the lake you will be fine. Trust me once you get on the trails you will see what I mean, but park your rig by the shop and go in there, they have a map on the wall. Buy something if you need it- they are good peeps.............MTT

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I have one, but has been scanned and is in several sections. I can put it on a CD for you. PM and we can work out a time/place.

That's ok I'll walk it...
    BD no longer has Maps. Last summer the guy that created many of the maps sold in local Bike shops quit producing them. Kind of sad that they were not even given a digital copy to keep producing them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Actually, Some friends ran into Jim Hendricks and he said that he has been busy going back to school but he was planning on starting to update the maps again. Hopfully this is true.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Fretless333
    I have one, but has been scanned and is in several sections. I can put it on a CD for you. PM and we can work out a time/place.
    Thank you, that would be great I'll PM you.

The bike shop has one on the wall, seems like it would be pretty easy for them to take it to kinkos and get some made up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hello, I was just linked to this thread on some Google links I have been looking at for the Lake Sawyer trails.
    http://bikeintelligencer.wordpress.c...ndlake-sawyer/

I called the bike shop yesterday to ask how to get there from Auburn, as I have not been to Black Diamond in ages.
    They do have maps in there, as the guy who answered the phone said they do.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT
    Just go ride it- even if you have a map, you will get lost
    So true if you ride them enough you will get the trails you like down. I bring a little map i found on evergreen moutain bike alliance's site and a GPS and can still find my self a whee bit confused at times.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I had a map yesterday, it was OK until I just lost track of where I was while enjoying the trails. Not really lost but a bit confused. I just kept riding and ended back at the bike shop.

mtbr member
    Hey if anyone rides the Dead Possium and Black Bear trails alot and parks by that neighborhood at the trailhead, i saw some sketchy dudes checking out someones car outhere this afternoon and when they saw me pull up they left.
    Just do the usual keep all valuble items home.