mtbr member
    Feb 2012

DNR Snoqualmie Corridor Survey Results are Out!

2,565 people responded to the survey back in July, and….

> For every 3 saying they want to see more hiking there were 2 saying they want to see more mountain biking – a powerful indicator of the existing demand! When asked to choose the top 5 recreational opportunities they’d like to see in the corridor, AND activities they’ve participated in, mountain biking ranked #2 (hiking was #1) .

> Conflict was identified as an issue by only 2% of respondents and these ranged from hunting to dogs, mountain bikes and even hikers. This indicates conflict has not been a major issue to most users.

The DNR survey was released to gather public input on how you currently use the Snoqualmie Corridor, and how you would like to see it used in the future. The results from this public survey will help guide a citizen-based advisory committee to develop draft recommendations for DNR’s Snoqualmie Recreation plan.The plan will guide how DNR manages recreation on the state lands we manage in this area for the next 10 to 15 years.

Hopefully these results, and the demand they represent, will result in more amazing trails to ride in the Snoqualmie Corridor down the road.

Thanks to all who took the survey!

Get the full survey results on the Washington State Department of Natural Resources website http://www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/a...mie_survey.pdf

Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

mtbr member
    I was one of the 2565 people to take the survey. While it is great to hear that there were so few conflicts between different user groups in the Snoqualmie Corridor of that state forest lands this year, I have to say....2500? c'mon people! There are WAY more users than that annually out there, no doubt in my mind. If we want our input on the future of recreation on the trails in the area to be heard, take the time to fill out the survey! It took me all of about 25 mins, with adequate time to leave recommendations and comments.

that's awesome that 2500+ people made themselves heard, but as recreational users of the public lands in our area, we can surely do better.