mtbr member
    Feb 2012

DNR Hosting 2 Open Houses on Naneum Ridge State Forest recreation planning process

Washington State Department of Natural Resources is hosting two open houses – April 25th in Ellensburg and April 26th in Wenatchee – regarding the new recreation planning process for the 131,000 acres of DNR-managed lands in Naneum Ridge State Forest in Kittitas and Chelan Counties.

This is your chance to learn more about their plan, provide your ideas about recreation to DNR staff and discover more ways to be involved in the planning process.

A planning committee will also be forming and Evergreen will be taking applications for that. Please let us know if you’re interested in representing MTBers.

Learn more at: DNR Hosting 2 Open Houses on the Naneum Ridge State Forest recreation planning process

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'll be going to the meeting (it is a 5min bike ride from home!) The Naneum is a really neat area, which connects with all of the Table Mountain, Blewett Pass and Mission Ridge areas. As it stands, it is a pretty good grunt riding up the canyon from Ellensburg, and then as far as you like towards Mission Peak.

Just roll it......
    I love how an area with a small population and very little user conflicts/issues gets a sudden "bump" in the planning process. All the while, an area with established trails, a big user group, large volunteer base that is sandwiched between two metro areas gets closed by the DNR. I have no idea how the DNR prioritizes the areas for planning. Either it's nepotism or complete cluelessness.

/rant