Dig-A-Thon Grand Finale Work Party & BBQ at Tiger Sept. 29th!
Join Evergreen & Element Cycles at the Dig-A-Thon Grand Finale Work Party & BBQ at Tiger on Sept. 29th!
Have you done your ONE yet? If you haven't volunteered on one of our trail work parties yet this year (or even if you have) get your one day of trailwork done at our Dig-A-Thon Grand Finale Work Party & BBQ on Sunday, September 29th!
You'll be entered to win some sweet prizes while helping us get Silent Swamp built. We draw the winner of the DB Sortie 29" frame that day, among other great prizes, but you don't need to be present to win.
Evergreen MTB Calendar
Photo courtesy of Kitsbow.com
Just a reminder that we'll be out building, bbqing and drawing the raffle prizes THIS Sunday at Silent Swamp on E. Tiger.
We're busting our butts to get this sweet new trail finished and ready to ride. Come help us get it built - and get food, beer and the chance to win sweet prizes including a Diamondback Sortie 29" frame, Stevens Pass Bike Park lift tickets, new helmets from Bell & Giro, and a whole lot more!
Work party goes from 9-2:30 with a bbq to follow. If you want to leave early just bring your bike and ride on out.
Deets and RSVP here Evergreen MTB Calendar
See you out there!
Let's break dirt together and honor our trail building heroes and connect Preston to the nw timber trail forever.
The Dig-A-Thon Grand Finale Work Party & BBQ at Tiger tomorrow - Sunday, September 29th - has been CANCELLED!
We received a ridiculous amount of rainfall today and more is in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow. That, coupled with high winds and lots of standing big, dead trees around our worksite has led to the cancellation of the work party and BBQ.
Thanks to all the hardy volunteers who were going to brave the weather and come out!
Dig-A-Thon raffle winners will be announced on Monday. And more work parties at Tiger will be on the calendar soon.
And the Dig-A-Thon winners are…
Evergreen’s 1st Annual Dig-A-Thon came to an end on a very rainy, windy PNW fall weekend, and it was a huge success!
We had approximately 226 volunteer days donated to trail building and maintenance statewide during the 6-week event.
Huge THANK YOU to everyone who volunteered on a trail work party during Dig-A-Thon (and any other time too, of course)! It takes thousands of hours to build and maintain trails to ride, and we need and appreciate every hour of help.
Everyone who volunteered during Dig-A-Thon was entered in a raffle to win all kinds of sweet prizes. Because volunteers racked up extra entries for being a 1st-timer, bringing a friend or kid, or participating in a back country work party, the raffle had about 810 entries total.
And the winners are…
- The Grand Prize of a Diamondback Sortie 29” bike frame goes to… Allison Hayes!
- 2 Stevens Pass Bike Park tickets: Rick Claypule
- 2 Stevens Pass Bike Park tickets: William Murphy
- Purgatory 26x2.3 tire: Courtland Capwell
- DiamondBack T-shirt sz l: Dave Shuldt
- DiamondBack T-shirt sz m: Catie Devine
- DiamondBack T-shirt sz l: Chris Severns
- DiamondBack T-shirt sz xl: Mason Harris
- DiamondBack T-shirt sz xl: Matt Arlt
- Platypus Big Zip hydration bladder system: Brian Crowley
- Sugoi Evolution bib short sz l: Dave Brett
- Pro Tool Minitool S-slide 20: Anna Peterson
- Specialized Air Tool MTB Mini pump: Kim Stranger
- G-form knee pads sz l: Silas Smith
- 1-year subscription to Freehub Magazine: Julie Crittenden
- Specialized EMT MTB multi tool: Jim Humenik
- Kitsbow soft shell AM short with liner sz32: Gregory Jones
- Giro Remedy full face helmet sz m: John Ogden
- Bell Super Helmet white sz s: Emily Tender
- Bell Super Helmet matte black sz m: Eric Nusbaum
- Bell Super Helmet black/white sz m: Peter Jantz
- Bell Super Helmet black sz l: Kyle Springer
- Bell Super Helmet green sz l: Leah Van Lauren
- Bell Segment Helmet orange sz s: Kylie Tate
- Bell Segment Helmet gray sz L: Rienn James
- Pinkbike t-shirt sz m: Lisa Magee
- Bell Helmets t-shirt sz xl: Jeff Carhill
- Bell Helmets t-shirt sz xl: Steve Tesdahl
If you’re listed as one of the winners, feel free to message me with your address so we can get your prize to you ASAP (or see about exchanging it for a different size if needed/possible). Otherwise we’ll be contacting the winners over the next few days to make arrangements.
Of course, I have to give one last set of shout-outs to give to our Dig-A-Thon sponsors:
Bell, Element, Stevens Pass Bike Park, Diamondback, New Belgium Brewing, Sturdy ***** Racing and Kitsbow Mountain Bike Wear
And please remember, while the Dig-A-Thon may be over, trail work parties happen statewide all year long. No particular age, experience or fitness level is ever required. So check the Evergreen Calendar for a work party near you. Then grab your friends and family and come on out.
Thanks for playing!
By schillingsworth in forum Arizona
Last Post: 10-01-2013, 03:54 PM
By mbmattcor in forum California - Norcal
Last Post: 09-26-2012, 07:43 AM
By EvergreenStacy in forum Washington
Last Post: 07-27-2012, 09:35 PM
By mwestra2 in forum Washington
Last Post: 06-16-2012, 05:23 PM
By stokedsurfer in forum Washington
Last Post: 01-23-2011, 03:08 PM