Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Slothful dirt hippie

Did I just hear Manning's grave scream?

"...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

Just roll it......
    I fully expect the curmudgeons, err, I mean.....the super young and hip IATC to throw a tantrum!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    But, that's what all the years of rock work are/were for....

Enduro my.... Glorified mini-super D time trial is more like it. No timed climbing at all? Really?

Me thinks the lycra crowd with blame it on pandering to the nu-skool Doofie kids.

Still good to finally have a race of some sort out there. Hope the course is closed or the IATC may get out there with their canes and walkers and have a geriatric barrier built.

Last word is all yours...
    Enduro format typically does not time climbs, only sets a maximum time limit for climbs a.k.a. "liaison stages".
    --
    -bp

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Enduro my.... Glorified mini-super D time trial is more like it. No timed climbing at all? Really?
    But that's what an enduro is...

Untimed climbing, but you still have to get to the next stage within a certain amount of time.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    "Enduro" is what language for "those lazy americans"????

Maybe that's what Specialized had in mind for that type of bike when they named it...

mtbr member
    That's kinda funny, since enduros started and are super popular in Europe.

Just roll it......
    Enduro has just picked up in the states, BBQ. We clung to the super d format for a few extra years, while the Europeans switched to Enduro. Everyone that I know that's done them (Mutton, Lars, Jesse G, Menard, etc.) all seems to really dig the new format because you can get to the next stage at a leisurely pace (there is still cutoffs if you don't get there in a reasonable time) and chat with your homies just like during a "normal" ride. Then, when you're ready, you jump in and race the course which can still have some up. I think that sounds like a whole lot of fun. Unfortunately, I'm out for this one.

EB

I5Troll
    "Enduro is a relatively new format for mountain bike racing in the U.S., but it has been popular in Europe for many years. And it's quickly gaining in popularity here."

Ka-ching! I just won $10. The word "new" is in the description and Borneo complained . With "different" I would have only won $2. No complaint after either word and I would have lost $100.

Seriously... so awesome to see this happening at Tiger. Going to be schweeeeeeet. And keep it coming BBQ, we enjoy it!

Slothful dirt hippie
    Quote Originally Posted by r1de View Post
    ... climbs a.k.a. "liaison stages".
    Oh I'm gonna have SOOOO much fun with this the next time we're grunting up a ridge!

mtbr member
    So it says "3 timed DH stages"... Will PRT be broken into a couple stages or do we get to ride something else? NWT or Iverson dont really fit the Enduro format very well.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    So it says "3 timed DH stages"... Will PRT be broken into a couple stages or do we get to ride something else? NWT or Iverson dont really fit the Enduro format very well.
    I'd like to see:

"liaison" to PRT, timed down PRT
    "liaison" to NWT, timed on NWT
    "liaison" out to Poo-Poo point and back to the entrace to Iverson, timed on Iverson

That will cut the poseurs out of the crowd.

BTW, is someone going to notify Ken K about this? There are sure to be familes, children and grandparents mowed down during the event.

mtbr member
    Woodway is close, but the actual course is still a secret. Of course, with the myriad of trails to choose from (3), you can probably figure it out. And, Borneo, XC or Enduro, would you race either one, you side line curmudgeon...or can I count on you to help out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Trust me. Most of the dudes that will probably stand on the podium can outride most of us on the ups and downs. This race is beyond awesome!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I'll probably sign up for the helluvit if the el-boob is down by then since it's for a good cause. But, I still think the planned format is stupid. At least I can get my coast on.
    Ya'll are lucky I'm bringing the kid to dig there tomorrow. I had to bribe him with a 6 mile shuttle though. Kids these days... That will probably be my one time at Tiger this year. It's even more pointless now since ArtifaX and MT got logged.

But, now we know why someone "dumbed down" NWT. Maybe had early intel on a race being held there....

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Borneo, you are so far off on this. You better sign up for this so I can grab a picture of the perma-grin you'll be wearing during the race. We'll also be watching to make sure you stay on course.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by Largextracheese View Post
    We'll also be watching to make sure you stay on course.
    I can see a new website popping up: Borneocutthecoursein2012

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Trust me. I know what I'm getting in to by going public. I've been telling Peter and Glenn how stupid this is for months... C'mon, add a climb out to loop Iverson at least... But, the social, "it's really not a race" crowd will eat it up...
    Figures the Euros came up with this. Candy-ayrse...... May as well call it a "fun ride".
    Perma grin? Really? It's Tiger. And, if anyone has a perma grin after a real race, they are not trying hard enough...

I may sign up, drink too much, and walk it. Or, ride it on my neice's "My Little Pony" bike. Just for that perma grin...

It is for a good cause though. It should sell out.

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    Woodway's on the right track.

NWT = stage 1, "liason" to bottom of PRT.
    Up PRT = stage 2, nothing wrong with singletrack climbing right, it's the gravel roads where the lycra clad roadies with no skills get their unfair advantage.
    MT = stage 3
    Iverson, all of it = stage 4

Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    I'd like to see:

"liaison" to PRT, timed down PRT
    "liaison" to NWT, timed on NWT
    "liaison" out to Poo-Poo point and back to the entrace to Iverson, timed on Iverson

That will cut the poseurs out of the crowd.

BTW, is someone going to notify Ken K about this? There are sure to be familes, children and grandparents mowed down during the event.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    You mean to tell me Peter and Glenn didn't listen to you......unbelievable!!
    Good job to everyone getting this off the ground! I can't even ride it and I'm stoked. I'm guessing the 120 slots will go fast.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme View Post
    I can see a new website popping up: Borneocutthecoursein2012

YES! with bonus 29'er review page

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yeah, crazy huh?

All that smack talk and you ain't even showing?

The fact they don't have an "over 50" class sucks in it's own right though... Guess I'll have to race with the 40 year old kids.

Not gonna happen ACREE, that's too much pedlin' for today's kids.

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    + 50 = young end of the IATC demographic.

Yeah, crazy huh?

All that smack talk and you ain't even showing?

The fact they don't have an "over 50" class sucks in it's own right though... Guess I'll have to race with the 40 year old kids.

Not gonna happen ACREE, that's too much pedlin' for today's kids.

Slothful dirt hippie
    ...The fact they don't have an "over 50" class sucks in it's own right though... Guess I'll have to race with the 40 year old kids...
    Don't make me get out the "Get off my lawn!" pic out again- Manning wants it back already!

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    I like Anthony's course too. If that's the official course I am in. Is there a single-speed division?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast