JRA
    mtbr member

Day 1: Commute to work

Not sure if I feel invigorated or in need of a doughnut & a nap.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Keep it up Kevin! I'll pull you home tonite...

mtbr member
    I've been doing 3 days a week lately. I already drove yesterday and today. I guess that means I have to finish out the week. See if I can do the whole month starting tomorrow but I'm pretty lazy...

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Not commuting but I'm gonna try and ride my bike every day this month. If I miss a day I'll have to make it up on the weekend with 2 rides a day Sat/Sun. I'm still searching for the empty lot in the extended neighborhood where kids are building dirt jumps... there's gotta be one right?!

JRA
    mtbr member
    Where's the "extended neighborhood"? East side of Lk WA?

Fat-tired Roadie
    I'm pretty much five days a week, regardless. Hopefully I get some swag out of this month. I've already managed to use the smart phone app for one ride out of five.

PSRC Wants Your Bike Data - Seattle Transit Blog
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    I've love to ride to work, but my office building doesn't allow bikes on the elevator and there is no way I'm leaving either of my bikes down in the "bike area". I don't want to buy a cheap bike either because they pretty much suck to ride in comparision.

Fat-tired Roadie
    I've commuted on everything from a bike that was cheap in the 70s converted to a singlespeed to my nicest road bike, a '99 LeMond with a 105/Ultegra mix, and lately I'm riding in on a mid-2000s Trek Portland with Rival.

I've gotta say that I notice much more difference between riding, whatever the bike may be, and not riding. I'm hoping the Portland has lower COO than the old bikes, which had frequent mechanical annoyances, but I still enjoyed them more than sitting around on the bus, or in traffic, or walking.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    What is "COO"?

Fat-tired Roadie
    Cost Of Ownership. My old bikes didn't cost too much up front, but I often had frequent mechanical problems that cost some to iron out. I'm hoping that spending a bit more up front this time means I can replace only chains and tires and brake pads and get it back on the back end.

So far, Trek's retarded rear wheel has already screwed that up. So, we'll see, the result of my experiment may be that it's a nice bike but I've had done better on something from the '90s with a more conservative attitude.