mtbr member

Current Galbraith conditions?

Anyone know what it's like you there right now? Thinking about heading up tomorrow morning, but don't want to waste the gas if it's pretty sloppy up there still. Thanks!
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Not real recent but I went up there last weekend and it was pretty sloppy. The xc trails were fun but the freeridey stuff like unemployment line was loose and slippery. Enough for this hack to go a little easy...

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Tarekith.com

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005

mtbr member
    Conditions were perfect up there, absolutely perfect. Fast and tacky, it was a great day.
    Tarekith.com

I5Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    Conditions were perfect up there, absolutely perfect. Fast and tacky, it was a great day.
    Heard the same... "Conditions were perfect up there today." Grand Ridge was pretty nice, too .

mtbr member
    Other than a couple puddles on the lower part of SST, everything was basically pretty dry already. WEll, the trails were moist, but not muddy maybe I should say.

The locals knew it too, holy cow was it crowded up there today as well! Not a big deal on the trails, but pretty much every forest road had quite a few people riding to whatever trail they were interested in.

This is my first time up there since it got logged, glad to see my favorites more or less escaped any major long-term damage. Was blown away at how different the middle of SST is now, didn't even know where I was for most of that section, and wondered if I had taken a wrong turn

Funniest comment was some guy talking to his very tired and winded kids at the Kiosk by the top of Cedar Dust after they climbed up the ridgeline trail:

"Bit different than Duthie isn't it? Most people have to earn their turns when they go biking!"

LOL...
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    ^^^^ love that comment
    "Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Conditions were perfect up there yesterday...we rode most of the northern trails. There was only a little bit of ice on the more open areas. We did go off trail a little on lower bobs due to all the leaves. Finished our ride just as the rain moved in.

Cheers,
    Mike

Just roll it......
    Some recent changes to Candy from our trailday a few weeks ago. It now extends all the way to Wallace and Gromit (which also some some recent work) on the west side of the trail and goes up towards where the old artwork used to be near Arsenio.

AFAIK, the rubber chicken still hasn't been reopened, but all of the other northside trails should be good. Southside, the pigs have been getting some recent work and a group of high school students (with help from some builders) are working to get Last Call re-opened.

Our build days will mostly focus on the Chuckanuts this season, so a lot of the maintenance will fall to some of the primary builders.

EB

mtbr member
    May 2004

Too funny.

"Bit different than Duthie isn't it? Most people have to earn their turns when they go biking!"

LOL...
    I have to concur in a big way. Took my Doofified 15 year old up there last year stoked on videos of U-Line and Scorpion. He was also already over it by the time we got to the top of Ridge. But, we did manage to eventually make it to the towers pushing up Daryl's then the road and make a run down though he has no intent to go back any time soon. Couldn't even enjoy U-Line with all the "climbing sucks" attitude going on.
    Bad day. But, he did fall asleep before we even got on the freeway back. Which was a good thing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Borneo, if you're taking a 15 year old (16 now) for the free ride stuff, you could park at the other lot. It would be a lot less climbing and a lot easier as well.