mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Current Conditions

After a rainy week, does anyone have any beta on how the trails are holding up? I'm trying to figure out somewhere to do a ride this weekend..somewhere that's not St. Eds.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Rode Paradise last night. Have not been out to PV in awhile. Trials were rolling great. All the work the PV crew is doing shows. Even if we found standing water the bottoms were nice and solid. Very little mud.

Thanks for the tour Doug.

Dean

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Doug and I were out at Paradise today doing a little tree work. We were able to drop the nastier of the two trees hanging across Ephemeral. That one was pretty satisfying to fall as it was actually a tangle of several trees that had to be cut out in order.

We ran out of time before we could take down the other tree, but it's nice and solid for now - will take it down this weekend.

If you go to Paradise today you'll find it in great shape...just a few spots with seasonal streams running and water table so high that it covers a small portion of trail.

mtbr member
    We are riding in Black Diamond tonight, I can give a report tomorrow!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    Doug and I were out at Paradise today doing a little tree work. We were able to drop the nastier of the two trees hanging across Ephemeral. That one was pretty satisfying to fall as it was actually a tangle of several trees that had to be cut out in order.

We ran out of time before we could take down the other tree, but it's nice and solid for now - will take it down this weekend.

If you go to Paradise today you'll find it in great shape...just a few spots with seasonal streams running and water table so high that it covers a small portion of trail.

Nice to see that the tree missed the rework from 3 weeks ago. BTW how is that new work holding up?

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    New work is holding up great. Paradise is in good shape.

EMBA Member
    Grand Ridge was fine this evening. A couple slippery spots - the usual locations, but lots of good riding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Cool! Thanks for the good work and the pics, Woodway! I'll try to make out to to one of the Sunday work parties soon! Since it looks like you all are working Saturday this week, I posted a Sunday ride at Paradise on Evergreen.

Keep us posted though, Lynch. Last time I was at Black Diamond a couple weeks ago it was in perfect shape so I hope you're in for a good ride.

mtbr member

Re: Current Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    We were able to drop the nastier of the two trees hanging across Ephemeral. ... was pretty satisfying to fall as it was actually a tangle of several trees that had to be cut out in order.
    :thumbsup

(Need a spotter this weekend?)

Back on topic. Grand Ridge is supposed to be 24/7/365 so go for it. Those couple of slimy areas grip up in 48 hours without rain. By next year those will be rocked...

mtbr member
    Black Diamond wasnt too bad. Henry's Ridge drains well and was a lot nicer than I thought. A few muddy spots, but for the most part good trail conditions. Lots of puddles at Summit Ridge, but the trails are mostly in good shape.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I rode Henry's (Iron Brigade/Anaconda/Python/Beaver) and Summit (Route 66/Holy Roller/Deliverance/Exodus) on Saturday. Trails were in good shape, just a couple of small mud holes. Holy Roller was basically dry, as was the terrain park.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Re: Current Conditions

Paradise was excellent Friday, but is probably pretty sloppy after all the rain the last 3 days around here. I'm planning on letting it dry out tomorrow and then hit it Wednesday.

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    Anyone able to comment on Chuckanut? Snow or no?

Fat-tired Roadie
    There's snow at city level in Bellingham and on the trails in Padden. So probably.

With the weather, I don't imagine that'll last long.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickn View Post
    Anyone able to comment on Chuckanut? Snow or no?

Yes, but ridable.

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    Thanks for the beta, guys.

mtbr member
    Any info on Capitol Forest?????

mtbr member
    Mt Erie is in bad shape. Ran into the trail crew today and they are working diligently to clear the trails but they are a MESS. Most were unhikeable let alone descending with a bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I've been getting out the last week or so here ya go:

CCC Rd/Trail Friday - aborted -- Creeks were too high to cross without getting wet. No big deal but if you've been there since the "remodel" 3 yrs ago -- there's a lot of creeks and you will have to go shin deep to get across them. The "paving stones" crossings are under water.
    so I turned around and went to....

Taylor Mt. -- trails are in good shape considering. No mud but a few with running water across the trail type stuff. Boot Trail had a few of these. Easy to ride though. Great time and only 2 horses.

Today(3/11/14) I went down and did Skookum. Parked at the lower end. Never saw it so wet(not muddy, just wet). One big creek in the trail part -- head towards the river to circumnavigate this. Had to push quite a bit the last mile to Buck Creek cause of snow but before that all is rideable. I took the rd back to the car so I don't have any beta on White River Trail. Some pictures here: https://picasaweb.google.com/jackd49/140311SkookumFlats