mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Crank install help: Olympia

Hey everyone, I'm looking for someone to help me install a new crank/bb on my '10 Norco Fluid. I recently got a Stylo w/ a BB and though I am not opposed to using my LBS, I really want to be able to do it myself. I have never done one before though i am very mechanical. Tool wise I know I will need a couple of specific tools which I am fine with buying.

I know something like this would take many about 20 minutes to do but I can still provide beer and conversation. Specifically looking for someone in the Olympia area.

mtbr member
    If no one steps up, you should be able to do it yourself. Installing cranks and BB is easier than patching a tube. You just thread the BB on, and then thread the cranks on. Some cranks have 2 bolts. You just have to know which way to turn the threads (to tighten is away from pedalling forces).

You can google some youtube videos for some 'how to' on various crank sets.

Here is one for the Stylo:
    truvativ stylo gxp crank install - YouTube
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
    ~~~KNOLLY KNATION RACING~~~

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by OP4guy View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm looking for someone to help me install a new crank/bb on my '10 Norco Fluid. I recently got a Stylo w/ a BB and though I am not opposed to using my LBS, I really want to be able to do it myself. I have never done one before though i am very mechanical. Tool wise I know I will need a couple of specific tools which I am fine with buying.

I know something like this would take many about 20 minutes to do but I can still provide beer and conversation. Specifically looking for someone in the Olympia area.
    Park Tool Co. ParkTool Blog
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Sweet
    Just go to Joyride they are great folks, have them help you, then pick up your tools for next time!
    More fun than an open casket funeral