mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Chuckanut double black diamond trail obstacles

Just a warning for any of you guys that build/ride on the chuckanut trails. A friend and I rode up there today and had to remove a bunch of dead logs that seemed to have been placed on the double black diamond trail. They were laid across straight fast sections and even a few hidden around blind corners. Thought the first few were deadfall but we removed about 7 or 8 and the way they were across the trail and the spot placement was pretty suspicious. We came across a trail runner on his way up and he said he had moved a few also and warned us about one of the blind corner ones...

mtbr member

Good to know. Thanks!
    I'll be along... eventually.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    can people take pictures of this stuff and send them to whoever is in charge of these parks and let them know what is going on?

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by lordconqueror View Post
    can people take pictures of this stuff and send them to whoever is in charge of these parks and let them know what is going on?
    Yeah, I was going to suggest doing the same and sending them to me. I'm doing a bunch of work on Larrabee and, as a result, meet with the rangers quite often.

Cheers,
    EB

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Not sure why we didn't think to take pictures. I'll remember that next time! One of us always carries our phone...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    yeah, i hear you. i never thought about doing it for years until i lived in eugene, oregon for a couple years, where they have to deal with this kinda stuff every once in a while. thankfully, the BLM and forest service reps down there all take this stuff very seriously, so hopefully that will be the response that is taken to this and future dangerous obstacles.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I'm glad you got them cleaned up. Hope they don't return.