mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Chiwawa River Road Trail Conditions?

Has anyone tried to ride Deep Creek or the other trails that parallel Chiwawa River Road? They should be snow free by now, but I don't know the status of blowdowns, etc on the trail.

I'm only asking about the lower elevation segments, as the upper parts of Minnow Ridge, chikamin, etc are still snowed in.

I'm riding out in the area this weekend, and trying to figure out what trails to hit.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    We made an attempt at Minnow Ridge on Saturday. We hit a few patches of snow and a nubmer of blowdowns on the lower section between the lower chikamin TH and the first Th heading up FS 6210. We also followed 6210 up to the connector trail that drops down to the junction with Chikamin Creek and the bottom of Chikamin tie. FS 6210 had regular patches of snow across the road, and looked to be pretty heavy coverage beyond the connector trail. The connector had a solid amount of snow coverage and a number of blowdowns. We turned back about half way down the connector rather than spend out time pushing our bikes through snow and over blowdowns. The snow should be melted out in a couple of weeks, and the blowdown will take some time with a competent sawyer. Lower Minnow was still fun, if a bit intermittent with all the blowdown.