Old goat
    Aug 2009

Cool-blue Rhythm Chikamin Creek Loop- not ready yet (6/2)

Hey all. Just wanted to pass along my very brief ride report in case anyone out there likes to ride this trail as much as I do. Gave it a try this weekend and got as far as the drop-in at the Chikamin Creek Tie, but there is still 6-8 inches of snow in the first 50 yards (as far as I hiked in). I assume this is the case for the trails higher up on NF-6210 as well. At least I got a good climb up the fire road and had fun bombing back down, top speed 35.1 m/h.
    Hope you all had a great w/e riding.
    oh... mosquito repellant is already a necessity for the Wenatchee area. Ask me how I know.

mtbr member
    I was out there this weekend too, crazy how bad the bugs were anywhere around Lake Wenachee.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by c_rex View Post
    Hey all. Just wanted to pass along my very brief ride report in case anyone out there likes to ride this trail as much as I do. Gave it a try this weekend and got as far as the drop-in at the Chikamin Creek Tie, but there is still 6-8 inches of snow in the first 50 yards (as far as I hiked in). I assume this is the case for the trails higher up on NF-6210 as well. At least I got a good climb up the fire road and had fun bombing back down, top speed 35.1 m/h.
    Hope you all had a great w/e riding.
    oh... mosquito repellant is already a necessity for the Wenatchee area. Ask me how I know.
    Thanks for the post. Not too surprising that it is still snowy up there. June 2 would be pretty early for that to be snow-free. Could you get a sense for how bad the downed trees were on the trails along FS 6210 as you rode up? Once snow free, I'm wondering how much work will still be left for the sawyers to clear the logs.

Lower chiwawa was free of snow and logs and rolling okay on saturday, though the moto-dips were already in deep form.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Chikamin Creek Loop- not ready yet (6/2)

Internet is funny. Here's a post from a Moto forum, same day.....

All of Lower Chikamin is clear.....sort of. Trees have been cut, but there's about 100yds of snowpack just past the Chikamin/Minnow creek intersection. The Tie is still under feet of snow. Special thanks to whomever cut the big timber on Chikamin and punched through.