mtbr member

Cherry Valley March 2013

First time I've been out in this area this year, thought I'd start a new thread. For the most part everything is pretty dry, only a few puddles in the usual spots on YGD. Finally managed to find Funner and the one to the right of it (downhill perspective) too, though both were very overgrown and basically impossible to ride. I spent an hour trying to clear branches and small downed trees, but gave up eventually without the proper tools.

The one that follows the Margaret Creek and YGD were still in good shape though. Impossible to get to the waterfalls either, the very last deep water bar you need to cross is now a pretty deep and fast river.

Still managed to get in almost 9 miles without seeing anyone, and the woods there are always beautiful. Good to get the climbing legs back in shape too
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    You had to know I'd reply...

Basically, I've been spending 2 days a week working in Tokul for a while and Moss Lake before that. CV will get it's part soon. Just can't seem to get anyone else to really do work out there which is a shame. Hope to get in there with the chainsaw, whacker, blower treatment in the next month or so. Get Funner at least back to "fun" and YGD more wide open so you can haul down it. The one on the other side of the road on the south side of Margaret Creek is Cyclops and the one in the middle between it and Funner is Elevator and was intended as a climbing trail. Planning to do the mid week rides there in June. Moss Lake next month.... T-West was stellar this evening. Dare I say, Poopy D was the ****!?!

mtbr member
    I wasn't implying you had to do it, if I had had the right tools with me I'd have done what I could. Just a big difference since I was there in the fall, wasn;t thinking about bringing my hand saw with me. It's an interesting area either way, even on just the "fire roads" it's still scenic in places.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.