mtbr member
    Jul 2006

ccc road/trail rr

CCC rd/trail and extension are all in great shape. 25 miles RT from end of Mt Si Rd. Great workout and you are in the mountains. No snow and no blowdowns to speak of.

jackd

ride all day
    Sep 2011

ccc road/trail rr

What was your route on this ride?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ridonkulus View Post
    What was your route on this ride?
    did this trail/rd and the CCC extension to the Middle Fork Campground. Turned around and rode it back.

Trail:CCC Road - Evergreen Trail Guide

ride all day
    Sep 2011

ccc road/trail rr

That's a great ride. Nice to know the snow is gone so early in the season!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    This route is open and in great shape. I rode it with a good buddy on Sunday. The views of the MF are epic and the last 3 miles of single track (closest to the MF trail are sweet). This is a great way to pedal into the MF valley and access the MF trail for an early season epic while all the snow is still hanging around higher up.

mtbr member

Re: ccc road/trail rr

>… no blowdowns to speak of…

Thanks as always Jack for telling us when to Spring into action. BBQ is the human GPS, and you are truly the annual farmers almanac of when to sow our tires onto the awakening trails and what to expect.

Any reason to pack a lightweight handsaw?

You know how I think: gut feeling of number down, largest diameter, avg diameter, number of concentrated areas and approximate end of the trail or truly random. It will be nice to skip this over if this winter has been this kind.

And for sure a report from 410 is eagerly awaited!

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    Len, I think Mutton and co cleared out the Ccc road this weekend.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

mtbr member

Re: ccc road/trail rr

Thanks!

Just roll it......
    Yep, that's what I understand as well. Something like 31 cuts and 16+ miles of riding was what he told me.

Noteworthy.....Mutton did that after a 6+ hour mega-burly ride with me on Saturday, cause that's just how Dave-man rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by juice View Post
    Len, I think Mutton and co cleared out the Ccc road this weekend.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    What are the thoughts on the creek crossings on the upper part of the CCC road? After all this rain, would I be too aggressively optimistic in hoping that a Tuesday OAB ride at least to the MF Snoq. Road intersection would be doable w/o having risk life and limb by fording any of the crossings?
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    What are the thoughts on the creek crossings on the upper part of the CCC road? After all this rain, would I be too aggressively optimistic in hoping that a Tuesday OAB ride at least to the MF Snoq. Road intersection would be doable w/o having risk life and limb by fording any of the crossings?
    Well, I answered that burning question with a ride up and back to the Middle Fork Campground via the CCC road from the end of Mt. Si road at the Mt. Teneriffe trailhead.

Water. None in the air, but it was everywhere else! Sort of like a person dying from hemorrhagic fever (Ebola) losing blood out of every orifice and then the skin too. Dozens of streams, probably 10 or 12 that are feet "likely to get wet" fordings. I had also forgotten how insidious the elevation loss (and subsequent need to regain it) heading from the initial climb down to the Middle Fork Road. It is much more of a slog coming back than I imagined coming "out of the mountains" should be.

If you go, recommend that you wear the winter Gore-Tex boots if you have them. My feet were the only externally wet feature on my body. The rest was just wet with sweat.

The extension trail is fun too, but a couple of major stream fordings necessary there too, and slippery bridges to boot.

Stats: 25 miles, 3000 feet of elevation gain, 4 hours of riding. Good times!
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3