Thread: CCC Road?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

CCC Road?

I'm wondering if anyone has ridden the CCC road lately? Is it overgrown?

Trail:CCC Road - Evergreen Trail Guide

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I did the CCC Road/trail and the extension trail today Sat Ap 21, 2012.

N Bend to BlowOut Creek (7 miles or so) some blowdown but mostly singles and easy to get over. -- not bad
    Blowout Creek to MF Road(3 miles) -- lots more stuff down and a few piles to get over/under. Bad
    The CCC Extension (3 miles) - lots and lots of stuff down. Really Tedious.

I won't be back until I know this has been worked on. I did do some minor handsaw work but an 8 inch blade can't do too much other than limb the big ones.

On another note. This is my first time on CCC since the big "remodel". Man, they put in lots and lots of water bars! They DID clean up that huge boulder field near the end though.

If you go expect to get your feet wet. Creeks are running high.

Jackd

Last word is all yours...
    Wow, great report. If you don't mind, I updated the trail wiki page with it:

Trail:CCC Road - Evergreen Trail Guide
    --
    -bp

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    great!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thank you so much for the update. I was actually planning on scouting this next weekend with my double-track-only wife. Now I think I'll pass. I hadn't ridden CCC since 2006 or so, but I've been wanting to epic loop it with lower Middle Fork one day. Haven't heard anyone even mention CCC in years so I suspect it would be quite difficult to drum up support for a sawing party.

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    I've been meaning to check out the ccc road since its now semi local for me. I'd be up for a trail clearing ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Looks like the WTA is scheduled to do CCC Rd maintenance May 11,12,&13.

If you have a BOB and chain saw and wanna get your hands dirty let me know. This trail would be an easy ride for the BOB. I'll be happy to help.

Jack

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Thanks

Thanks Jack for the update, and BP for updating the trail wiki.

I'll be hitting it soon. The obstacles you mentioned shouldn't stop me, if so, there's lots of other local stuff to round out a day. It will be nice after trail work, but sounds like you had fun regardless. Seems like a good ride to carry a folding saw for roving work.