mtbr member

Capital Forest RR (8-50-GL6)

Saturday a group of us decided to go ride the old Poker run loop at Capital forest and try out Greenline 6, since none of my buddies had ever been there.

It, rained, hailed and snowed, but the sun did come for the 2nd half of the ride. Mima 8 on the way up was a little muddy, but really not bad at all. No deadfall or anything, and the only time I got off the bike was to cross the river, but it was ridable. Trail 50 uptop was snow covered, but still very ridable too. Greenline 6 was incrediblely fun. It was muddy in spots, but is was surprisingly in great shape and the lower buff section was pretty tacki and easy to ride. No fallen trees or anything blocked the trail, so we were able to fly down it without any stopping.

At the end of the our bikes and bodies were completely mud covered but it was totally worth it. I cant wait to go back out there when it is dry out, but even in the mud it was a great ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks Mr. L for the info, been thinking about conditions at CF. Last year about this time we started riding the Porter Creek side of the forest, and conditions were great. Going to get down there real soon.

Sweet
    And the fine folks of FOCF friends of Capitol forest have been busting their butts clearing the trails after the winter storms. Its no fluke that you got to ride clear trails!! Those folks rock!
    Support FOCF...
    Last edited by crtlnd; 02-28-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    More fun than an open casket funeral

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crtlnd View Post
    And the fine folks of FOCF friends of Capitol forest have been busting their butts clearing the trails after the winter storms. Its no fluke that you got to ride clear trails!! Those folks rock!
    Support FOCF...
    Agreed

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    they're not ruled over by a single tyrant
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Big props to those who do work out there in the middle of nowhere! We rode a 10 mile loop and i dont remember going over more than a branch or two and at no point did we have to stop due to windfall.

Sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    Big props to those who do work out there in the middle of nowhere! We rode a 10 mile loop and i dont remember going over more than a branch or two and at no point did we have to stop due to windfall.
    When I had Saturdays off I would attend their work parties, they keep it fun! Behind the scenes their are some seriously dedicated folks down there!
    Check out focf and capitolforest.com
    More fun than an open casket funeral