Thread: Can of worms?

mtbr member

Can of worms?

So, I stopped by the Monroe dirt jumps today.... Does anybody know the story behind that land?

I'd like to adopt them a bit if I am not stepping on anyone's toes. Also, the trash out there is pretty bad. Figure I'll have a trash bag handy each time I go.

Thoughts?

pnj
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    The jumps have been there for a long long time. it's a party spot for the local folks (hence the trash).

People that can ride/dig show up from time to time to ride the bigger lines. Did you have something in mind that you wanted to do besides clean the place up/fix up the smaller/intermediate stuff? Now's the time of year to dig out there for sure.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Where in Monroe are the dirt jumps ?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Right behind the theatres/Lowes to the East at the corner. Not sure if it still there but there used to be a crazy line that actually went up and over a 10" or so branch like 12' in the air. Even the kiddie line was a bit tough for me.

Been there as long as I can remember. Just look for the tall second growth firs...

pnj
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    You folks looking to dirt jumps should come down to Greenlake BMX jumps. Say, "hi" to the locals and they'll be happy to give you some tips on getting through the lines.