Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Black diamond/ summit ridge

Hey guys I had a great little 15 mile route that we did here, but from what I understand a good chunk of it has been logged. Is it still possible to get that kinda mileage out there? I don't think the church trails alone can do that can they? I'm gonna really miss supercharger... Maybe we will have to cross the street? Thnx for any help.
    J

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Hey krummholz, there are 9 miles of trail at Summit Ridge, probably close to 12 at Henry's Ridge and still a bunch on the west side of 169. So yes, you can get that kind of mileage. Our normal rides out there are usually 10-15 miles.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    cool, thx for the reply. is there any kinda map available for henrys?
    Also is that the area just north of the summit ridge area?
    Don't think I've ever been there...
    J

QUOTE=Summit Ridge Guy;10308049]Hey krummholz, there are 9 miles of trail at Summit Ridge, probably close to 12 at Henry's Ridge and still a bunch on the west side of 169. So yes, you can get that kind of mileage. Our normal rides out there are usually 10-15 miles.[/QUOTE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Evergreen has a copy of my map on their site.

Trail:Henrys Ridge - Evergreen Trail Guide

If you want to get connected in with our local crew to support work parties and group rides send me a PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Did that new trail off Anaconda get finished over the winter? Love that upper HR trail system. Last ride out there got a little cut short with a broken femur deep into Beaver Tracks...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Hey Borneo, the little connector Back 9 off Anaconda did get finished. It flows really good east to west. Also there is a bunch of new stuff off of Once Upon a Time. Upper Beaver Tracks got a facelift, new trail called Gnome Trail off of Derailure and Big Beaver off of Upper Beaver Tracks. Fun stuff!!

mtbr member
    The trails are riding really well right now too. Sucks to lose the clearcut trails (for now) but we just do a Summit/Henry's Ridge tour. We typically get 12 miles with no repeats and I do have to say riding the Troll bridge at night in the rain is quite a thrill!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    we just do a Summit/Henry's Ridge tour. We typically get 12 miles with no repeats and I do have to say riding the Troll bridge at night in the rain is quite a thrill!
    Would you mind sharing that SR/HR tour route. I'm pretty familiar with SR but not HR.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Very cool, thx for the replies. It seems like there may be a connector at the bottom of the freeride area?

mtbr member
    i will show our route on the map. I can post it up soon.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Cool thanks lynch!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Went out there today, only a minute of hail, otherwise just beautiful. We found a connector from summit ridge to Henry's and rode around there for a little while. Fun stuff over there, and its really nice to see signage. The way we got there was at the bottom of the freeride area at summit ridge. There is a doubletrack road thing that heads northish. Ignore any single track off of this and go under the power lines, then cross the railroad tracks, then go over the stream and there you are. The evergreen maps can guide you
    from there. Awesome to get to know this area now, still plenty of miles out there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

mtbr member
    That reminds me I need to draw up the route we have been riding lately.

Hey Rick, is there a current up to date map? The one I have doesnt have Derailer or Stinger.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    I'm interested to see an updated map as well. Was out at HR today and rode a ton of new stuff. Well, new to me anyways. The lake trail was pretty cool as well as the completed loop up in the NE section.
    Gotta love that government cheese...

mtbr member
    I take it you got your bike fixed!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Yep! New chainstay and made the conversion to tubeless. So far so good, the tires are performing well in wet and muddy conditions. It was a blast riding at HR today, the slash tore it up!

mtbr member
    Did you find Derailer and the troll bridge?
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    No don't think so. I started at the NW section and rode that, then took anaconda to python then snake and cut off to ride the lake / B.T. trail. That spit me out at the two wet ponds. Was running a little short on time so I took Viper back to Anaconda and back to the cull-de-sac where I parked. My original plan was to ride for most of the day and explore the new stuff over at Summit Ridge by crossing the tracks but got a late start. To be honest I've never been on the trails in the SW corner of HR (Beaver tracks, ogre etc.), just have to wait for the next group ride out there to see where all the good stuff is

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    The most current map is on the Evergreen site but it is not current. I don't think it includes Derailer, Gnome Trail, Humpty Dumpty (no trail sign posted yet) an Big Beaver (no trail sign posted).

Me and a buddy rode Henry's last night and logged in almost 12 miles in the rain and hail and did not ride Anaconda, Viper or Python. Lots of trails!!

mtbr member
    Where's the best place to park to go check out Henry's? Just across from the coal cart and ride over?
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Depends on how much riding you want to do. If you want to focus on Henry's Ridge check out the map posted on the Evergreen site. In the center of the map you will see a water tower. Most folks park just down the hill from there by the Viper trail on the map. We call that parking spot "The Boulders" since the trail head has some boulders you have to get thru.

From there ride down the gravel trail. You can go left on Viper and ride the trails counter clockwise. Or turn right onto Stinger (you will see the bridge). Stinger will take you to Once Upon a Time. The rest is up to you.

mtbr member
    Thanks! Decided doing Tokul twice in as many days was a bit much, so figured this morning would be a good time to finally check out Henry's. Parked at the boulders, then did Viper, python, anaconda over to Iron Brigade. Crossed the road and did Once Upon to Derailuer, then ogre, bad wolf, and finally stinger. Trails were great except for Ogre (muddy mess!), excellent conditions otherwise.

Unfortunately I got the feeling I was doing everything backwards all day. Felt like I spent the whole time climbing, and all the bermed turns were on the climbs and rarely on the descents. Doh! Next time I'll do it the other way.

Thanks for the info on where to park btw!
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Tarekith, glad you made it out. Now you have an excuse to come out and ride the other direction!! There is a reason the call them Henry's "Ridge" and Summit "Ridge". There are hills!!!

Look forward to your next report!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey folks, I'm currently adding all of the trails to Google Maps. Zoom into the Black Diamond trail area, and click on Bicycle trails on the right side where it says terrain / traffic / bicycling.

I've started with the top of Henry's Ridge and working my way south. I record the maps using my GPS, and then translate them to Google Maps. Getting them on is easy, however, Google employees have to review and it takes a couple weeks for that to happen.

You can also access the map with this link:

https://maps.google.com/?ll=47.34533...&z=14&lci=bike

I think by the end of the summer I should have all of the trails mapped out there.

After studying the size of the natural areas and our existing trail systems, there is plenty of room for many miles of trails. No worries about lack of space anytime soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast