mtbr member

Black Diamond Advocacy Alert

Time is short on this one but we need all mtn bikers to show up to tonight's meeting and defend building new trails at the Black Diamond Open Space area. The plans are under a serious threat from another group of trail users. The link below will give you a bit more info.

Wednesday, Feb. 8
    6-8:30 p.m.
    Tahoma Junior High School - Commons
    25600 SE Summit Landsburg Rd.
    Ravensdale

https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/17f7f16

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    How'd it go last night?

mtbr member
    Overall good. There is one potential sticking point that our primary antagonist is trying to pull. Trying to use a county law to close the area off. I forget what the particular item is called, but basically it is an impact study for social justice that the county is supposed to do on grant projects, like the grant that funded the new trails. Should go no where. Otherwise, same old story; old equestrians complaining about the good old days in a room full of the future, mtn bikers.😀

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slop View Post
    Overall good. There is one potential sticking point that our primary antagonist is trying to pull. Trying to use a county law to close the area off. I forget what the particular item is called, but basically it is an impact study for social justice that the county is supposed to do on grant projects, like the grant that funded the new trails. Should go no where. Otherwise, same old story; old equestrians complaining about the good old days in a room full of the future, mtn bikers.😀
    Something else to note is that other equestrians present were not on board with the one making the stink. We should all continue to take the high road and work for inclusiveness.

mtbr member
    Brian had a great point about how they need better connectivity for the areas they are allowed to ride. I also hope they actually take a look at the Herbrand site and see what it looks like in person. They look at the map and see it as a big land grab by bikers, but it is a clearcut mess with no real trails and it might not be an area they would care to ride in. Maybe expanding at Taylor would be a better use of time/money for them, or maybe part of Herbrand fills a need for them. Hopefully that can be figured out in a manner than makes everyone happy.
    I also talked with several equestrians after the meeting and a lot of them didnt realize that the trails at BDOS and East Tiger (which was brought up) that do not allow horses are new trails build by the biking community and not old existing trails we "stole" from them and then blocked access to.
    14 Aurum, 15 P.3, 16 Fuse, 17 T130

mtbr member
    We were in Seattle last weekend (from Spokane) and we rode Tiger Saturday (it had been a LONG time since I'd ridden that...nice to see the well planned trail additions) and Black Diamond Sunday. We use to live in Seattle and I use to ride Victor Falls a lot. Too bad that area is gone, but the Black Diamond area had a little bit of that same style of trail. Does anyone know if some of the builders are the same? I know that style of tight, twisty trail is not the current rage like all of the enduro-ish riding, but I still enjoy it. Plus I liked to see "normal" people out having a place to enjoy riding that aren't necessarily on the latest equipment.

Speaking of Victor Falls, I saw something that some folks are trying to revive some of the riding there. Anyone know anything about that?