mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Bikning in Seattle

Hello

I'm going to study at the state university of Washington in the autumn of 2009, and looking for some nice biking mates to spend some time with and catch up the American biking culture ;-)

In Sweden I'm a pro-average XC-biker and working part-time at a bikeshop so I can do some mechanic if someone needs it? I'm also looking for somewhere to live during the period so if anyone has a flat, spare room, collective, house or whatever I'm interested.

Best regards Filip Kronhed

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by flipp
    Hello

I'm going to study at the state university of Washington in the autumn of 2009, and looking for some nice biking mates to spend some time with and catch up the American biking culture ;-)

In Sweden I'm a pro-average XC-biker and working part-time at a bikeshop so I can do some mechanic if someone needs it? I'm also looking for somewhere to live during the period so if anyone has a flat, spare room, collective, house or whatever I'm interested.

Best regards Filip Kronhed
    Are you going to be there for more than a quarter of school?

Autumn in Seattle is actually pretty wet for riding. September through mid-October is about as late as you can go with some dry trails.

Sign up with this web site. They post all types of rides and trail building days.
    http://evergreenmtb.org/home/index.php
    Send me a message when you get into Seattle, I would be more than happy to show you around the best trails we have out here.

mtbr member
    in the spring, if you are looking for xc type racing, there are a few local race series. in kitsap co. on the other side of the water, a short ferry ride away, there is the dirty dozen, a 3 race series, there's also a series in black diamond by bellingham, another series on wednesday nights @ south sea tac park, and the MAIN series for the northwest, the indie series.

indieseries.com

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hej!

What they said. Contact us when you get closer to arriving, perhaps late summer.

September-October can be the best months to ride though!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

meh....
    Hello

I'm going to study at the state university of Washington in the autumn of 2009....
    Washington State University, or University of Washington? Opposite ends of the state, might make a difference.

Monte

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte
    Washington State University, or University of Washington? Opposite ends of the state, might make a difference.

Monte
    University of washington is the correct one, Any idea if it's god? the reviews I have found says it's quite ok. I will study HRM courses and probably some management courses.

Best regards Filip

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by YoPawn
    Are you going to be there for more than a quarter of school?

Autumn in Seattle is actually pretty wet for riding. September through mid-October is about as late as you can go with some dry trails.

Sign up with this web site. They post all types of rides and trail building days.
    http://evergreenmtb.org/home/index.php
    Send me a message when you get into Seattle, I would be more than happy to show you around the best trails we have out here.
    - I will study at the university for a quarter, unfortunately my school in Sweden doesn't end earlier otherwise i would have been there for two quarters. My intention is to do some of the data collection to my master thesis in America. So with some luck I will stay to the middle of jan. Perhaps I will do a trip to the middle of nowhere Canada to visit a industry to do some interviews.

BTW thanks for the quick reply.

Best R egards Filip

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo
    Hej!

What they said. Contact us when you get closer to arriving, perhaps late summer.

September-October can be the best months to ride though!
    NICE....Any idea, how to get some place to stay?

Slothful dirt hippie
    University of washington is the correct one, Any idea if it's god?...
    I've met a number of docs that graduated from there with a god complex... but it IS known to be a very good school otherwise.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

mtbr member
    May 2004
    NICE....Any idea, how to get some place to stay?
    Not really as I'm not a city dweller but you can start here on Craigslist.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/hhh/

Hope that helps.

squish is good
    University of washington is the correct one, Any idea if it's god? the reviews I have found says it's quite ok. I will study HRM courses and probably some management courses.

Best regards Filip
    Hi Filip, yeah it's a very good school. Admission for us locals is extremely competetive, no way I would have qualified coming out of High School. I'm looking at it as a potential graduate option though.

I agree with Borneo, Autumn is a great time to ride in the Pacific Northwest.
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo
    Not really as I'm not a city dweller but you can start here on Craigslist.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/hhh/

Hope that helps.
    Thank You, Must give you all some creed for the speed on this thread. It gives me high hopes when it comes to riding companions. NICE

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Yeaii, Finally is everything (almost) complete. At least am I accepted to the university of Washington and will leave for the states around the 24th of September. As mentioned above I have a hope to learn a little bit more about American culture (read biking). I am now looking for somewhere to stay perhaps for the hole stay (18th of December) but at least for the first days until I find something on my own. Another hope is to find someone to do some winter training with so I don't become all saggy for the racing season of 2010.

Is there anyone that have some input I would be very grateful!

Best regards Filip
    Last edited by flipp; 06-17-2009 at 07:50 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0