mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Bike repair shop in Seattle for lefty

I need your help. Can you please recommend a bike shop around Seattle that can service/repair lefty shocks. Thank you very much.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    There are few. The one I use for now is Pacific Bicycle in Sammamish. Scott does most of the Lefty servicing in-house, which is unusual these days. The shops typically just send them to Cannondale for service. If it's not a warranty item, I would ship to Cycle Smith (MendonCycleSmith, look for him in the Cannondale forum) as he probably is able to turn around a shock in half the time that Cannondale does, plus he can tune it how you like it.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thank you. This is a 2011 so I don't know if still in warranty. Do you happen to have Scott's #?

Quote Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    There are few. The one I use for now is Pacific Bicycle in Sammamish. Scott does most of the Lefty servicing in-house, which is unusual these days. The shops typically just send them to Cannondale for service. If it's not a warranty item, I would ship to Cycle Smith (MendonCycleSmith, look for him in the Cannondale forum) as he probably is able to turn around a shock in half the time that Cannondale does, plus he can tune it how you like it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Sammamish is kinda far from Seattle. If you're looking for Seattle go to Greg and Buck at Wrench (wrenchbw.com). They'll fix anything with a crank on it

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    While I am loathe to say so, since I know nothing of Wrench or the mechs there, unless someone is intimately familiar with Lefty shocks, I would not let them work on it. Too many have tried and failed, including DIYers, necessitating a trip to the ER and the shock to Cannondale for full repairs anyway. Even the Cannondale shops themselves pretty much always send them to Cannondale unless they have someone with the proper tools willing to do the repairs and service on a Lefty. Some of the parts are the same (shock part) but others will be foreign to someone not versed in how they are constructed and operate.

Scott's number in Pacific Bicycle is: 425.836.3911. Web site is: Serving The Plateau Since 1994 | Pacific Bicycle | Mountain Biking | Road Cycling | BMX
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thank you guys.