Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Big Finn Hill trail survey (St Eds)

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Tarekith 
#1 ·
Need some input from the mtb community. Myself and a few other mtbrs are on a committee to make recommendations to KC Parks regarding the trails at Big Finn Hill.

If folks could fill out the survey it'll help us focus in on what to put in our trail plan.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/S9VN9K7

Thanks for the help,

Troy

This does NOT include St Eds, I only referenced it in the title since that's how many refer to the area.

#3 ·
No Duthie, but those trails are the most easily identifiable.

Anything that's done will be from a beginner to intermediate focus. The trail network is so extensive in there now that it's really about cleaning the spider web up, but for the better. Also making the jumps that exist safer so that we don't have borrow pits on the side or in the middle of them.

#8 ·
I'll happily agree to take on fixing the existing jumps and borrow pits if that gets approved.

Was out there this morning for a ride, trails are doing really well considering all the rain we've gotten lately.

#10 ·
Done.

Thinking bout riding there next week if the rain holds off. Never ridden there in the winter, how does it hold up?
Thanks for filling it out. We've got about 110 responses so hopefully we'll get some more.

The trails hold up really well. Depending on how much rain, you can ride it within a day or two after a heavy rain. I've been out there in a down-pour and other than a few spots ans one low area in the Southwest corner, it's fine.

#11 ·
It's gotten a lot better the last couple of years thanks to the work Tom and others have done. Like Kasperilio said, usually a day or two after some decent rain the trails are rideable without many puddles or deep mud. The St. Ed's trails seem to drain a little better than the Big Finn stuff too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.