Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Back "home" again

828 views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  shiggy 
#1 ·
After 30 years in Oregon (where I started mtbing) I have moved back to NCW (Wenatchee).

Going to be fun to explore the old haunts more fully on the bike. I do love the riding around here.

#9 ·
shiggy said:
I will come visit. Maybe even ride there the "hard" way.
There is a few ways to do the "C2C" (Cashmere to Cle Elum) and I keep threatening to do it. Some would be pretty cool and almost all singletrack. But, definately some double track and old road here and there. Especially connecting across the top. Pull out the maps and start planning. Great country there.

#10 ·
shiggy said:
I will come visit. Maybe even ride there the "hard" way.
Husband and I have actually scoured maps re just that possibility. Don't know if either of us has the time to train up for it though... until we win the lotto, quit our jobs, and farm the kid out to our nanny of course.... :p

If you pull it off, there's a cold beer fer ya on this side!

#14 ·
Borneo said:
There is a few ways to do the "C2C" (Cashmere to Cle Elum) and I keep threatening to do it. Some would be pretty cool and almost all singletrack. But, definately some double track and old road here and there. Especially connecting across the top. Pull out the maps and start planning. Great country there.
I love doing this stuff. If you get serious about it, drop me a note. Should only be a 120 miles or so to Duthie, so technically possible in a weekend :) If you are a masochist that is :)

#16 ·
shiggy said:
After 30 years in Oregon (where I started mtbing) I have moved back to NCW (Wenatchee).

Going to be fun to explore the old haunts more fully on the bike. I do love the riding around here.
Cool! I plan on making an early April trip back to the Wenatchee area to do some camping and riding at Ancient Lakes and Sage Hills. Maybe we can hook up for some riding.

Washington stock is now rated Blue Chip w/ Shiggy's move back "home"!

#19 ·
verslowrdr said:
We might be able to peel free for some Ancient lakes action if you need more company... you'll feel great passing us like we're standing still and showing us your killer moves, lol.....
Looks like dirtpirate and I will be going to Ancient Lake on Sunday. No time set as of yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.