mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Anyone know mountain trails in the Redmond/Kirkland area?

Anyone know mountain trails in the Redmond/Kirkland area, or close by? We could go to Duthie or something but right now it's not possible...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Go here: Evergreen Trail Guide

Big Finn Hill is in Kirkland (north edge of town) and connects to St Edward State Park. Pretty beginner-friendly xc on both sides of Juanita Drive, with a few challenges here and there. Pet leash laws being enforced right now. You may get lost but it won't matter.

mtbr member
    What is the reason that Duthie is not possible?

I was gonna mention Redmond water shed or St. Eds. But Soaring Eagle in Sammamish is a nice trail to ride.
    Just get out and ride!

JRA
    mtbr member
    Grand Eastside Loop

Starting at Redmond - SRTto Willows Fjord (do a lap), Thrilla route through Watershed, Pipeline to SVT, SVT to Tolt (do a lap), SVT to Tokul (West-Golden Spike-East), 202 to Duthie Hill Rd, over to Soaring Eagle (do a lap), Duthie (do a lap), GR, Eastlake Sammamish Trail to Redmond. Stop at Malt & Vine and celebrate the loop.

mtbr member

Re: Anyone know mountain trails in the Redmond/Kirkland area?

I live at the nexus of 112 street and 112 avenue in Kirkland.

I tried to drive to Paradise or st. Eds last evening at 6pm and I was burning daylight so I quickly parked in the driveway and headed out to revisit my neighborhood.

There are a very few and very short trails near my house that are very fun and at times approaching extreme.

My route last eve was via those to and a mad dash south on 108th ave pavement past the PCC to the park just south of the adventist school and old seahawks camp. Did that lap and looked for a way down to the lakefront and a dog walker said he has cleared the trail just south and west of that park down to the kegs expansion parking.

I made it home at 8:15 with two hours on the ride meter and my advice is if you have a bike and no car then... well you know!