mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Anybody do the jumps in Freund Canyon?

Whenever I go to Freund Canyon (Leavenworth), as your going up, off to the right, down in the shady area, there is a series of nice jumps.

I always wish I could see some people go off them, but after years and years, I have never seen anyone.

When younger, I loved jumps. Anything I looked at, I'd imagine jumping it. Now that I'm older, I'm hoping watching someone do it, will give me the confidence to do it (I go off them, but don't go all the way and land on the downsides).

I know it's early, but when it gets warmer, is anyone out there who does the jumps in Freund Canyon?

Thank you,
    Chris.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    That jump line is the only reason to go to Fruend. Top to bottom it is butter. Thanks to the folks at Das Rad Haus. Start small and work your way up to the doubles.

squish is good
    Yeah, my buddy and I always hit them after we shuttled up to the top of ****** *** ********. Too bad the jumps on that trail were torn down last summer .
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    What about the one you can jump straight, or go over to the big side. I think a log is in the jump. Can you do the big part of it?

I think for me, it's not the jump i'm worried about. From the top of the jumps, to how high you go is not all that much. It's the mounds are so high, your a lot higher in the air then just how high you go off the jump.

When you go down (back side of loop) you get some nice jumps. When you go off them, your off the ground a few feet. On the mounds, your 10 feet off the ground. Plus, a very big part is every time I've gone, I'm XC-ing and clipped in.

Thanks for the reply.
    I'll go up this spring when you go.
    Chris.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    P.S. if you type "Chris Freund Canyon" in youtube, you can see me rounding the corner.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    R.I.P. Ribbed ... the freund jumps are fun.
    Transition Bikes 2008

mtbr member
    ah those dirt jumps were taken out too? I heard the trail was taken out last summer, but I rode it before it was torn out. Didn't think the jumps would go out too. Weren't they on the gibbs farm property? they were fun and the trail through the trees to get to the jumps was also fun.

squish is good
    The jumps at the bottom are still there as of October of last year. They didn't get taken out with the jumps on the trail above, assuming they are safe for the future.
    Bike good, work bad.

Members who have read this thread: 0