Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Anybody brave the storm today and ride?

Anybody get outside and give it a shot? I watched football and went to the gym.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    Anybody get outside and give it a shot? I watched football and went to the gym.
    No storm here. Sunny morning. Light snow late afternoon. Did a short road spin.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    The beauty of the dry side. We have had rain almost every day since mid October

mtbr member
    I hit Grand Ridge at about 2pm. Out and back up to Duthie. Took a bit longer that I was thinking, due to lots and lots of culverts that needed to be opened up. It was dark, and started snowing big fat flakes about halfway back. Thankfully I had just bought a new light (NR Lumina 650--which was awesome). It would have been pretty magical, if I wasn't so cold (shorts and regular gloves FTL). I had recently ridden in Phoenix, and had taken off my cut tube water blocker thing on my fork, which meant I was totally drenched most of the ride. Took me nearly an hour to feel my toes again.

Sure beats sitting on the cough though.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

Slothful dirt hippie
    Went over to Leavenworth to pick up freshly mounted skis and take the kid out on the groomed stuff. Got stuck waiting for the skis to be done (a long story) a lot longer in town than we'd wanted to and decided it was looking bad enough that we'd skip going back over Blewett and went through Wenatchee-Quincy/AL area-I90 via Vantage back home.

tl;dr version: it's snowing hard clear out to the basin and you do NOT want to be driving in it tonight. Pass is closed both directions, saw a vid of the Sehaptin outfitters guys skiing down the main drag in Cle Elum which looked like the best plan for the evening by far.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

mtbr member
    Rode Tokul West on Sat and had snow. when we got back to the lot by Fall City grill it was windy and raining HARD, plus very cold.

Trails out there are in great shape. GS could use some drainage work.

mtbr member
    Rode Tokul East this morning at 8am. First car in the lot and it was dry. There was dusting of snow on Flowtron, but it rode pretty nice. It started raining hard when we got back to the car around 11am but the entire parking area was full.

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    Rode Tokul East this morning at 8am. First car in the lot and it was dry. There was dusting of snow on Flowtron, but it rode pretty nice. It started raining hard when we got back to the car around 11am but the entire parking area was full.
    Next time you ride Flowtron it'll be flowier. Great building weather today, stayed fairly dry until we bailed at 2:00. Ground was super duper extra saturated.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I rode Saturday am, came in just as the rain started. Sunday I conducted a walking tour of PVCA for the Big Finn Trails Committee; very illuminating for the KC Parks staff member and the non-riding committee members who attended (illuminating for me too: never walked Cedar Run before!). Got wet, but got done before it started to really dump.

mtbr member
    How was PVCA, pretty sloppy?
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Capitol Forest yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody brave the storm today and ride?-dscf0343.jpg  

Anybody brave the storm today and ride?-dscf0344.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I ran stairs on Queen Anne. Going to wait till we have a few dry days before riding again.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lordconqueror View Post
    Capitol Forest yesterday.
    WOW!! Should have brought a board instead of a bike!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    You guys should be given badges of Western Washington honor badges Cap Forest pics are way cool.

mtbr member

not a chill to the winter, but a nip to the air

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody brave the storm today and ride?-photo-4.jpg  

"Bound to cover just a little more ground"

mtbr member
    I love to snow biking pix!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Bryan and I cut trees off of the trails at Duthie today. I had the hard hat on before i got out of the truck. we didnt get to check everything out, i know there more down stuff out there, so keep a look out.

Enjoy
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

Sustainable quality trails please.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I rode Duthie yesterday and moved branches and trees where I could off of the XC trails. There was only one blocking tree ~12:00 on any of the XC trails, and that was about halfway through Movin' On on an easy option bypass of the first large humpy boardwalk. I saw someone with a chainsaw in the easy walkup area and mentioned that tree to him that wasn't Tyler, so that must have been Bryan?
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    You guys should be given badges of Western Washington honor badges Cap Forest pics are way cool.
    no, we shouldn't be encouraged

mtbr member
    I also sat and watched football. and drank beer. GO HAWKS!

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    Hawks are kicking some butt! Cold and I are not friends

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    How was PVCA, pretty sloppy?
    PVCA was generally ok, but on foot we didn't see most of it. I took the group out Mainline, up Two Trees, down Cedar Run, back in via Lloyd and Mainline. lots of small puddles, only really big one was at the bottom of Cedar Run and Southern Traverse. I hear the upper part of Red Alder still has big puddles, but that's the area they're working on right now.

mtbr member
    Thanks Tom.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Anyone know if it is snowing at Duthie? The weather is horrible out but we are still doing our regular Wednesday night ride!

mtbr member
    We rode Duthie last night from 8pm to 9:30pm, hit nearly every trail and there was zero blow down blocking any trails. We move a few branches, but nothing major was blocking that we saw. Either the winds havent hit the area too hard, or people have been doing a great job keeping the trails clear!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast