NW MTBER

Any eastside trails actually rideable?

Looking for the latest info if possible. I have read the threads. So anyone ridden or know if any of the usual eastside rides are doable as of Tuesday? Black D, G Ridge, Tolt, Tokul, etc..Thanks!
    Ibis Mojo HDR 650b
    Ibis Mojo SL
    Maverick Durance

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Bring a saw and/or lopper and/or rake.

Ride anywhere.
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Gotta agree with Skooks. Everything will need some love and if any of us are going to go out, we may as well plan on doing some trailwork while we're at it. Many hands and all. KC Parks closed Duthie for repairs which is the right thing to do. "Ridable" will be a debatable term for a while now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I rode the Grand Ridge trails above I90 yesterday, had to get off the bike to clear some debris and climb over a couple of big things but the ride was still good. Heading out with a saw tomorrow...

More Riding Less Internet
    I cleared at Duthie this morning. Bootcamp is fully open and most of Step-It-Up is clear. There are 3 trees on Step-It-Up that will need a saw, but they should be easy to get around. I'll probably head back out there tomorrow.

-KT
    Diamondback Development Force.

I5Troll
    Schweeet and thanks KT! And thanks to all the trail gnomes helping clear up the mess!

Note: Duthie is still closed until further notice... http://forums.mtbr.com/washington/du...ml#post8940100

When clearing trails at Duthie, it's super important to clear *EVERYTHING* as you go... rake away all the debris and clear out the drains. If we go back to the usual heavy Duthie traffic before the snow melts and the trails are entirely cleared, the tires will grind all the debris into the totally saturated slushy mud and make the clean-up effort 10X as tough.

We've got work parties on the calendar every day for the next 8 days: Evergreen MTB Calendar. Join us if you can.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I rode GR today and yesterday, I cleared all trail blocking man-movable obstructions on my ride but there are still two chainsaw size trees down on my usual loop.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    I will be out at PVCA saturday cleaning up. Starting at 10am. PM me if you have time to help.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Stempson, we would sure appreciate your help out clearing the trails. Not sure were you live but I will be posting a working party out at Black Diamond on the Evergreen site in a bit. If that is not convenient I am sure there will be a work party at the trails near you. It would be great if "the brotherhood of riders" could focus some effort this weekend to clear our greater trail system. I have not been out running or riding the trails in almost 2 weeks and I am about to got nuts!

NW MTBER
    I am going nuts without riding myself and was hoping to get a "ride" in this weekend. My posse and I were also thinking about going to Black Diamond with tools to work on the trails instead. I own/operate a small landscape business out of Issaquah (Tiger Mt.) and have a nice 12" bar Echo arborist chainsaw and a 20" bar Stihl, loppers, hand saws, rakes, etc... My kids have BBall this weekend on Saturday. When is your work party and where what trails will it focus on?
    Ibis Mojo HDR 650b
    Ibis Mojo SL
    Maverick Durance

mtbr member
    In Renton the Silkworm is clear, the Tapeworm only has 1 huge tree you have to walk around with the rest of the trail pretty ridable, and the Parasite is going to take some work to fully reopen.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have details of Saturday's work party on the Henry's Ridge Cleanup post. We want to focus on our legit trails first. Most of Summit Ridge is cleared but I got a report and we really need to go thru and take a garden rake to it. There is also a lot of big puddles due to the snow melt.

Mr. Lynch, if you need and branches to pile on the trails at at Tape Worm let me know. I hate to have you feel left out!!

mtbr member
    we have plenty of piles out here now too! We may ride summit ridge/henry's sunday, so if we do we will bring our folding saws and help out a bit as we ride.

mtbr member
    I will also be out t PVCA with a saw. come on out.

I got the velcros
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    In Renton the Silkworm is clear, the Tapeworm only has 1 huge tree you have to walk around with the rest of the trail pretty ridable, and the Parasite is going to take some work to fully reopen.
    Yeah. I 'rode' that today, and it needs work. 'Rode' is a relative term, climbing over downed trees, spinning out in the slick muck, tons of sticks trying to claw your eyeballs out...

Wish I'd had my machete with me.

Just roll it......
    Frankly, I know we're all jonesin' for some ride time right now (tell me about it), but it's a better time to put the hiking boots on and hike the trails with a chainsaw, handsaw, rake or rogue hoe and clean these messes up!

If we all put the bikes away for the next week or two, the majority of trails will get cleared and back to normal. Of course, focus on the areas you ride the most or are closest to your house.

God, I sound like my dad these days.