mtbr member
    May 2004

Another Walla Walla/Blues info thread...

Looks like this is going down hell or high water. I have the guide printed out and would like some local intel to support the pros/cons of any of the routes. Also, any decent camping nearby you can ride to the trails from? Maybe 2-3 days worth on the way to/from the La Grande area?

http://people.whitman.edu/~pogue/bik.../contents.html

I also have the Mountain Biking La Grande book which is out dated to the new online one I gather here. Worth another 20 bucks? (BTW: Getting marginal info from the OR forum on that area though the pics and videos on the lagranderide.com web site look pretty inviting.) Looking for maybe 3-4 days of riding in that area as well at 15-35 mi a day rate and close to riding from a central camp spot would be great! Any thoughts on the MERA area? Guessing the Red2Red Echo stuff will be hot and dusty soon so writing that off.
    Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Tagged for future reference because we are going to Walla Walla in the fall for mtb'ing and wine tasting. I have nothing to add though.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Here's something else for ya then to chew on. Been perusing it and taking notes for the past couple hours. Looks tempting in many ways...
    MTB | LaGrandeRide.com

mtbr member
    That looks like some good trail info, I will review it. We just started trying to put a plan together for this trip this past weekend so I have a lot of research to do.

I5Troll
    Wow! Great websites, maps and profiles! Thanks for sharing. Some great resources, info and dialog coming through on MTBR lately. Don't know if I'll make it this year. If I'm lucky... maybe late Sept/early Oct on our way to/from Moab

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Funny, I was just going to e-mail you about when you all were going.... Looks like I'll be posting a "Total Recon" ride series and figuring out ourselves.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Getting even more jacked up about this now. Great intel coming from Bart at Blue Mountain Singletrack Trails Club. Thanks! Anyone ridden the Phillips Lake area? Outside Baker City and looks real good.

Also planning on a couple days out of Harris Creek on the way down or back. Getting some good info on n and S F of the Walla Walla as well. Any WaWa locals want to possibly ride with us and be paid in good times and cold beer? Sounds like the top can be a bit confusing but I don't care about getting lost for a while. That's what mountain biking is all about anyways.