Currently muddy
    Jul 2008

Another Stolen Bike! 2008 Giant Trance X, totally custom build, Bellingham

Mark this one under "never thought it would happen to me." While I was away this weekend someone broke into my garage and made off with my bike. I live in the Sunnyland neighborhood in Bellingham.
    I custom built this bike exactly how I wanted it, so I'm sure you guys can understand my frustration with it being taken. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated, and monetarily rewarded. I absolutely love this bike.

Frame: 2008 Giant Trance X, Size Medium, Color Silver
    Fork: 2011 Fox 32 Talas 150, tapered, qr15, black with white stickers (note: not kashima, old color stanchions)
    Shock: Fox Rp2, 7.5x2.0 with offset shock mounts on the top. I would be surprised if anyone has this specific setup on a Trance X around here, as the stock shock is a 7.25x1.75.
    Seatpost: CrankBrothers Joplin 3 remote, silver collar
    Saddle: WTB Rocket V SLT, silver / black
    Seatpost Clamp: Twenty6, red. Bolt-on, not quick release.
    Cranks: FSA Afterburner 386, 2x9. Silver, with red chainring bolts. *bling!* This is a 3 bolt crankset, only two bolts are visible on the outside.
    Wheels: Mavic Crosstrail
    Tires: Schwalbe Hans Dampf, 26 x 2.35, tubeless.
    Rear Skewer: DT Swiss RWS
    Shifters / Derailleurs: Sram X9
    Brakes: Avid Juicy 5
    Pedals: Crankbrothers Candy 3, black.
    Headest: Top: Cane Creek 110, Red. Bottom: Cane Creek EC44, black. Spacers and top cap are red.
    Stem: Easton Haven, black
    Bars: Easton Haven Carbon
    Grips: Ergon GA1
    Bar end plugs: ODI, red, also pretty unique.

Other unique identifiers on this bike:
    I have a carbon fiber rock guard installed, which goes from the middle of the downtube to the bottom bracket.
    When it was stolen I had a TACX Tao bottle cage on it, and the lower bolt had broken so it was temporarily held on with black electrical tape wrapped around the down tube.
    Cable stops were drilled out for full-length cable housing.
    Had a Blackspire Stinger chain tensioner installed.

If you see a bike matching this description, feel free to call me or the police.

Thanks,
    Michael
    (three - six - zer0) tw0-tw0-three tw0-six-zer0-f0ur
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another Stolen Bike! 2008 Giant Trance X, totally custom build, Bellingham-2011-09-01-22.47.23.jpg  

Another Stolen Bike! 2008 Giant Trance X, totally custom build, Bellingham-2011-01-01-07.48.57.jpg  

Another Stolen Bike! 2008 Giant Trance X, totally custom build, Bellingham-2011-12-27-15.44.33.jpg  

Another Stolen Bike! 2008 Giant Trance X, totally custom build, Bellingham-2011-06-13-08.02.17.jpg  

Last edited by emptyvoxel; 05-07-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Rider
    sorry to hear about the bike, I will keep an eye out. I recently had all of my bikes stolen

Currently muddy
    Jul 2008
    Thanks robin_hood. Sorry to hear about your loss as well. I'm still a bit in disbelief. They also took all of my power tools, but I think we both know what really matters!

The police have the serial number and description, so I'm still keeping out the hope that the suckers try to pawn it.