Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Another "I'll be in Seattle" post.

700 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Jisch 
#1 ·
I'm going to be in Seattle (well actually Redmond) starting on Sunday (8/25) through Thursday. I definitely have Sunday afternoon to play and possibly Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon for a ride. I will need to rent a bike, but I plan on working that out as well. I'd love to find a guide for a ride Sunday afternoon. I'm a advanced level rider, I can typically keep up to all but the racer XC guys. All of our trails are really technical.

Any suggestions for where to ride would be appreciated, I am looking for something close to a bike shop where I can rent, to maximize my trail time. I land around 11:00, so I would probably be ready to ride around 1:00, assuming everything went smoothly. It looks like the bike shops all close around 4:00, so if I can't make arrangements to return the bike Monday morning I'd have to have the bike back by then.

Thanks for any info.

#2 ·
I'm going to be in Seattle (well actually Redmond) starting on Sunday (8/25) through Thursday. I definitely have Sunday afternoon to play and possibly Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon for a ride. I will need to rent a bike, but I plan on working that out as well. I'd love to find a guide for a ride Sunday afternoon. I'm a advanced level rider, I can typically keep up to all but the racer XC guys. All of our trails are really technical.

Any suggestions for where to ride would be appreciated, I am looking for something close to a bike shop where I can rent, to maximize my trail time. I land around 11:00, so I would probably be ready to ride around 1:00, assuming everything went smoothly. It looks like the bike shops all close around 4:00, so if I can't make arrangements to return the bike Monday morning I'd have to have the bike back by then.

Thanks for any info.
Gerks in Issaquah has demos. Redmond may as well but Issaquah is closer to some trails. Nothing all that technical out here. Grand ridge and Tiger Mt are close to the shop and easy to get around. Duthies at the top of grand ridge if manufactured trails are your thing. Some tech on middle fork snoqualmie. Odd days only, easy to navigate (out and back) and not far from Issy if you have a car

#3 ·
Thanks. I will have a car, but will be tight on time - I'll check those out. I see that the hotel I am staying at has rental bikes and is right on a bike path, but I suspect their rentals are all city bikes, but that might be a good option for a during the week ride.

Thanks again for the info!

#4 ·
Just in case this helps someone else down the road. I ended up renting from Kirkland Bikes - got a Yeti 66c for $100 including taxes, which is a lot of money for basically 3 hours of riding, but hey sometimes its not about the money.

I rode Tiger Mountain, it was relatively easy to navigate, a LOT of fun and a lot different than my normal riding in Connecticut. While my rides at home typically involve 2-3,000 feet of climbing its usually riding the same 200' of elevation over and over again. At Tiger Mountain you gain all that elevation on the dirt road and come down on the singletrack, which was GREAT. Really enjoyed it, I took my time and enjoyed the ride, which is a bit unusual before me, but that's ok too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.