Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: 410 tr

  1. #1
    Last word is all yours...
    Reputation: r1de's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,024

    410 tr

    Our group of three did the White River --> Corral Pass --> Noble Knob --> Dalles Ridge --> Palisades loop today. Never came across any other riders on the network, and only saw about 6 hikers (Corral Pass still gated shut at the bottom). Trails are choice... no water anywhere, almost no dust (thanks, recent rain!), and only a single tree down in 1 place on Palisades (about 1/2 way). Mountain blueberries are the size of marbles, tons of mushrooms poppin. Just barely getting early fall colors on the subalpine - give it another couple weeks for that. Wildflowers are done.

    Quite a clear view today - enough to enjoy Baker, Glacier Peak and Stuart from Noble Knob. And of course "Big T" trying to pull you off the cliffs by the eyeballs.

    Anybody signed up for 410 fest, you're in for a treat...
    Last edited by r1de; 09-12-2013 at 08:58 AM.
    --
    -bp

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    415

    410 tr

    You weren't the only one up there yesterday. We just did Ranger & Palisades. Great conditions.

    Cheers,
    Mike

  3. #3
    Last word is all yours...
    Reputation: r1de's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcracken View Post
    You weren't the only one up there yesterday. We just did Ranger & Palisades. Great conditions.

    Cheers,
    Mike
    Sorry, we thought you were starting at White River and must have bailed; there were no cars parked at the Palisades/White River THs when we got there or left, and only 1 car ID'd for hikers at the Corral Pass junction.
    --
    -bp

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    415

    410 tr

    Quote Originally Posted by r1de View Post
    Sorry, we thought you were starting at White River and must have bailed; there were no cars parked at the Palisades/White River THs when we got there or left, and only 1 car ID'd for hikers at the Corral Pass junction.
    We got to the White River TH around 9'ish. Got back to the car a little after 2pm...needed to get back for kid duty.
    Btw, did someone in your bike group lose a pump, a couple tire levers and bike tool?

    Cheers,
    Mike

  5. #5
    Last word is all yours...
    Reputation: r1de's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcracken View Post
    We got to the White River TH around 9'ish. Got back to the car a little after 2pm...needed to get back for kid duty.
    Btw, did someone in your bike group lose a pump, a couple tire levers and bike tool?

    Cheers,
    Mike
    Must be upper TH? We left the lower/Palisades TH at no earlier than 9:15. I'll ask about the missing stuff.
    --
    -bp

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: slop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    344
    We parked at the Camp Sheppard trailhead. Also, made it up to the saddle just below Noble Knob. The climb up Ranger was nice and cool. Excellent trail conditions.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: scotteric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    246
    I rode up Corral Pass and down Deep Creek yesterday. Hadn't ridden up that road for many years but it wasn't nearly as brutal as I remember. I parked at the gate at 11:45 and was up top by 1:05. I believe its 6 miles. It's definitely a grunt but there are some moments when it eases up. Was going to do Ranger but got a late start and hadn't bagged Deep yet this year so I went for it.
    The work Graham and co did taking out blowdowns earlier this year was awesome but sadly the recent rains had turned more than half of the trail into an extended rut. It's already one the more technical descents in the 410 area (IMHO) so the ruts made for some interesting line choices. A few more wheels down it should help though...

  8. #8
    i'm schralping yer thread
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by scotteric View Post
    I rode up Corral Pass and down Deep Creek yesterday. Hadn't ridden up that road for many years but it wasn't nearly as brutal as I remember.
    Nice! One of the worst things about that climb is the vehicle traffic. That's why I hate it on weekends during the summer.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by GeePhroh View Post
    Nice! One of the worst things about that climb is the vehicle traffic. That's why I hate it on weekends during the summer.
    The pass has been closed all year and not opening this year and how know about next year.
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

    Sustainable quality trails please.

  10. #10
    i'm schralping yer thread
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbty View Post
    The pass has been closed all year and not opening this year and how know about next year.
    Err..ahem...but I'm also a dirty shuttlr'...

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,387
    Does anyone know the details about 410 fest? I'm not able to get up there until 2pm on saturday and would love to help out with the trail work, where will people be working?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    307
    They will be working on Noble Knob on the ridge, they are driving up C. Pass (Graham has a gate key this weekend) in the morning and I don't think they will be back down until 4 or 5pm.
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

    Sustainable quality trails please.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    79
    Hey ty thanks for the info sharing, and Bh, sorry we missed you, I was unplugged and in the woods since thurs. yea the logistics of the work party made it an all or nothing deal. Sorry bout that, catch ya next time, and thanks for trying.

    Oh, and not sure of the status of the Corral Pass rd for next summer. I will spread the word if I hear anything from the USFS.


    cheers, gt
    Last edited by gturnage2002; 09-16-2013 at 12:02 PM.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by r1de View Post
    Our group of three did the White River --> Corral Pass --> Noble Knob --> Dalles Ridge --> Palisades loop today. Never came across any other riders on the network, and only saw about 6 hikers (Corral Pass still gated shut at the bottom). Trails are choice... no water anywhere, almost no dust (thanks, recent rain!), and only a single tree down in 1 place on Palisades (about 1/2 way). Mountain blueberries are the size of marbles, tons of mushrooms poppin. Just barely getting early fall colors on the subalpine - give it another couple weeks for that. Wildflowers are done.

    Quite a clear view today - enough to enjoy Baker, Glacier Peak and Stuart from Noble Knob. And of course "Big T" trying to pull you off the cliffs by the eyeballs.

    Anybody signed up for 410 fest, you're in for a treat...
    We took out that tree on Palisades during the 410 Fest work party. And did a bunch of drainage work on Noble Knob section. Conditions overall were primo! Also rode Suntop the following day and it was very, very nice too.
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Tarekith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,066
    I'm glad my first trip to Suntop a few weeks ago was when conditions were good, I can imagine it gets pretty blown out and dry sometimes.
    Tarekith.com

    '12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •