Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

410 tr

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Tarekith 
#1 · (Edited)
Our group of three did the White River --> Corral Pass --> Noble Knob --> Dalles Ridge --> Palisades loop today. Never came across any other riders on the network, and only saw about 6 hikers (Corral Pass still gated shut at the bottom). Trails are choice... no water anywhere, almost no dust (thanks, recent rain!), and only a single tree down in 1 place on Palisades (about 1/2 way). Mountain blueberries are the size of marbles, tons of mushrooms poppin. Just barely getting early fall colors on the subalpine - give it another couple weeks for that. Wildflowers are done.

Quite a clear view today - enough to enjoy Baker, Glacier Peak and Stuart from Noble Knob. And of course "Big T" trying to pull you off the cliffs by the eyeballs.

Anybody signed up for 410 fest, you're in for a treat...

#7 ·
I rode up Corral Pass and down Deep Creek yesterday. Hadn't ridden up that road for many years but it wasn't nearly as brutal as I remember. I parked at the gate at 11:45 and was up top by 1:05. I believe its 6 miles. It's definitely a grunt but there are some moments when it eases up. Was going to do Ranger but got a late start and hadn't bagged Deep yet this year so I went for it.
The work Graham and co did taking out blowdowns earlier this year was awesome but sadly the recent rains had turned more than half of the trail into an extended rut. It's already one the more technical descents in the 410 area (IMHO) so the ruts made for some interesting line choices. A few more wheels down it should help though...

#12 ·
They will be working on Noble Knob on the ridge, they are driving up C. Pass (Graham has a gate key this weekend) in the morning and I don't think they will be back down until 4 or 5pm.

#13 · (Edited)
Hey ty thanks for the info sharing, and Bh, sorry we missed you, I was unplugged and in the woods since thurs. yea the logistics of the work party made it an all or nothing deal. Sorry bout that, catch ya next time, and thanks for trying.

Oh, and not sure of the status of the Corral Pass rd for next summer. I will spread the word if I hear anything from the USFS.

cheers, gt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.