Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012

2014 Cascadia Dirt Cup Enduro Series Dates

Mark your calendar - Dates just announced for the 2014 Cascadia Dirt Cup enduro races.

Sat June 28th Yacolt/Battle Ground
    Sat July 19th Dry Hill/Port Angeles
    Sat Aug 16th TBA
    Sat Sept 20th Tiger/Issaquah
    Sun Oct 19th Chuckanut/Bellingham

More info at Cascadia Dirt Cup*|*
    2014 Cascadia Dirt Cup Enduro Series Dates-cdc-2014-schedule.jpg
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I wonder if 8/16 will be at Steven's Pass? They posted a picture of the clock tower there and said they had started some discussions about hosting it in 2014.

mtbr member
    I was hoping the Tiger one would be a little earlier in September. It's been nasty weather the past 2 years.

Anyone do the entire round last year? I'm curious as to which Race was the most diffiicult and which was the most fun?
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    Didn't do the whole series last year, just Tiger and Chuckanut. Chuckanut was definitely tougher. Talking with a couple people that did the whole series, they thought Chuckanut was toughest as well.

mtbr member
    Woo hoo, glad that the Tiger one got moved up this year. I really want to try an Enduro race there, but it's always the same weekend as Decibel Festival and that means work
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I did the whole series except I had to work the weekend of Chuckanut. But I pre-rode it and it was definitely the toughest, mostly because of multiple punchy (and extended) climbs. It had lots of gnarly but I wouldn't say it was worse than PA or Cold Creek. Maybe it was though, that section along the ridge at race speed was pretty rooty, especially if you didn't know it well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I'd also like to know the story on dropping Capitol Forest - I won't pick favorites or say it was the best, but it is an excellent Enduro course and was a good event both years so far, so I don't understand why its being dropped. Are they holding their own stand alone event or something ?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Perhaps it was just a scheduling conflict? The Capitol Forest Classic is scheduled for 8/9 and 8/10 for this year it looks like. My guess is they're just doing the Super D they've done in the past and not another race as part of the CDC.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Trey here from the CDC... Not to take anything away from our other awesome courses but with the feedback we got the toughest race was Chuckanut. There was a lot going on in those stages; steep sections, roots, boulders and it seemed like everything was off-camber. And adding in the punchy climbs during the special stages made it a very physical course. It was also the longest overall course too. We were very happy with all our courses last year and this year you can expect the courses to be ramped up a notch or so.

This leads me into Capitol Forest. Part of the vision for the CDC is rotate venues each year to keep the series fresh and showcase all the great riding areas we are fortunate to have here. All our venues we are returning to from last year will have remixed courses with new trails. At Capitol Forest it would have been the same course from the last two years. Don't worry though, we will definitely be returning to Capitol.

As for the TBA venue we looked at alot of places and we're now locked in on a venue and working hard to bring it to fruition. Until we reach a point where we are comfortable announcing the location we will... Just want to keep it close to the vest for right now.

I hope everyone is excited as we are. Some of the new things we have in the works are new sponsors, adding some race categories and purchasing a new timing system.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by sockeyered View Post
    Some of the new things we have in the works are new sponsors, adding some race categories and purchasing a new timing system.
    recumbent class this year? I've been training....GET STOKED!!!!

2014 Cascadia Dirt Cup Enduro Series Dates-img_1887.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hey everyone, Tiger was not harmed in the making of a big mountain cyclocross race/ human vs squall. Stage 2 is 100% fine, it self healed because we built it with lots of soild drainage and primo soil. It's pretty cool to see what a trail can handle if it built well.
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

Sustainable quality trails please.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonays View Post
    I wonder if 8/16 will be at Steven's Pass? They posted a picture of the clock tower there and said they had started some discussions about hosting it in 2014.
    I kind of hope not. The current trails are short downhill trails, not an enduro race.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    ^^^ I 100% second that. The DH course is rad at Stevens and works for a DH race, the rest wouldn't be that great to race an enduro on.

I wish the forest service would play ball with us for this kind of stuff.
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

Sustainable quality trails please.

mtbr member
    At Steven's All 3 trails are very doable on a trail bike and I think are a good mix. Not ideal for an Enduro, but it wouldn't be that bad. I just wonder if people would have to pedal up the service road or if it would be lift serviced.

After seeing what they raced on at Whistler for the Enduro World series (or the entire series for that matter), just about anything around here is tame in comparison. I rode Top of the World at Whistler a week after they had the Enduro race there and I'm still amazed those guys ripped down that trail on trail bikes.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Hey guys,
    So you guys that have done the cascadia races, I was thinking about doing it this year, I would be in the 40+ masters class. Is it a good race to do, I am a good rider been riding my whole life just never raced mountain bikes, only bmx and cruiser class years ago. Just looking for a good fun challenge without the stress of worrying about serious competition attitude stuff if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by Hank Moody; 01-10-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Moody View Post
    Hey guys,
    So you guys that have done the cascadia races, I was thinking about doing it this year, I would be in the 40+ masters class. Is it a good race to do, I am a good rider been riding my whole life just never raced mountain bikes, only bmx and cruiser class years ago. Just looking for a good fun challenge without the stress of worrying about serious competition attitude stuff if you know what I mean.
    Definitely would do a race or the series. I raced 40+ last year and there are some fast guys. Regarding he competition, it's only there if you put it there.

Oh and stage 2 from Tiger is going to have some rock. But Tyler is right that trail amazingly healed itself. Just goes to show what good trail bosses can make happen and what is doable when a trail is built right

mtbr member
    Hey guys,
    Ya I'm all in for a good challenge just didn't know the atmosphere at the races. Like the Spartan and Gladiator type challenges it's great competition but a fun atmosphere. And yes those guys really work hard keeping the trails a Tiger in good shape, been up there for a few work parties thats hard work.

mtbr member
    Enduro racing is pretty laid back for the most part. Since it is staggered starts, if you catch someone they generally let you pass no problem. I've never had an issue.

It reminds me of a regular ride with my buddies, the only difference is some parts are timed.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

swanny
    May 2012
    Any thoughts for those that have never raced and would most likely be doing it on a hardtail? I'd like to give it a try as a new challenge to tackle this year.

ride all day
    Sep 2011

2014 Cascadia Dirt Cup Enduro Series Dates

Quote Originally Posted by swanny29er View Post
    Any thoughts for those that have never raced and would most likely be doing it on a hardtail? I'd like to give it a try as a new challenge to tackle this year.
    There's a hardtail class, there's a few guys last year that year top 5 expert times on a hardtail, and winner of pro at Chuckanut on 29er hardtail, yeah they were BA.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    How about a class for alcoholics?
    If there will be a class for alcoholics on hardtails I would definitely consider competing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    If there will be a class for alcoholics on hardtails I would definitely consider competing.
    now we're talkin!
    "Bound to cover just a little more ground"

mtbr member
    I'm hoping to do more races this year. I've never really been into racing, but the enduro thing was intriguing. The one up here in the Chuckanuts was a blast!

Hope to see more hardtails out there this year!
    "Bound to cover just a little more ground"

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    LOL....Nice FM.

Off topic, but definitely related.

EB

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by playdead View Post
    now we're talkin!
    Only if there is a minimum fl oz of beer drank throughout the race. Kinda like the uphill time limit in enduro races... you can always drink more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast