Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by bhsavery View Post
    Only if there is a minimum fl oz of beer drank throughout the race. Kinda like the uphill time limit in enduro races... you can always drink more.
    I'm thinking total aggregate time for riding the DH sections, including time required to drink a growler solo, preferably mid-race.

Does that work?

Rider
    Are any Trails East of the Mountains being considered for future races?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Yes... We would definitely like to expand east of the mountains in the near future. We are always up for suggestions for venues. The tough part is there are lots of awesome trails out there but not all the other things you need to make an enduro venue. But please, don't hesitate to offer up suggestions.

Rider
    Beacon Hill, Spokane would be a fun spot. I would love to see Galby in the series too.

Thanks for all the work on the series!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    August 16 at on 410 trails??? Estimated 6 hours for the FIRST finishers..... WOW. Awesome.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yeah totally awesome. Kudos to the Cascadia team for making that happen. Kind of a dream come true for some of us who have had such dirty thoughts for years. Will be a little bit ca-razy coming down those trails. Not looking forward to climbing Corral Pass Road though. This makes up for skipping Capitol.

mtbr member
    You can do a pretty legit Enduro race out at 410. I bet it sells out fast!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Man this sounds like a blast. I have never done anything like this and will likely come in 27,938 place but sounds like a challenge. I went to their website and had all of my questions answered. I will definitely do the Issaquah one as it is in my backyard. Hardtail Open class here I come!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    So stoked for the 410 enduro. It will be a challenge, and an incredible course. I have been waiting for a race to happen out there, and what better series to pair it up with than the Cascadia. Hope to see you all out there. Lots of training to come

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I wounder how many people haven't even been out to 410 who are planning on racing the season? Nothing like 3-4k decents all day! So happy to see the CDC going more epic then not.
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

Sustainable quality trails please.

Cat Herder
    Check out a race or two. Lotta fun.
    Eat. Ride. Sleep. Repeat

Cat Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbty View Post
    I wounder how many people haven't even been out to 410 who are planning on racing the season? Nothing like 3-4k decents all day! So happy to see the CDC going more epic then not.
    I can't get the event out of my head since I saw the location announced earlier in the week. Any ideas on the routing? I assume because the airstrip is the HQ that it must start nearby, and end there. So.... up Corral Pass Road, down Ranger or Deep Creek, xfer to the top of Skookum Flats, tackle the Suntop climb, and end up at the airfield. Or start at Skookum, then Suntop, Corral Pass, Ranger/Deep Creek.
    Eat. Ride. Sleep. Repeat

Cat Herder
    It's going to pretty awesome! Definitely the most-anticipated of the series for me.
    Eat. Ride. Sleep. Repeat

mtbr member
    Total noob question here, because I have never done anything like this and plan to train for one this summer. Can anyone fill me in an a rough distance or time for one of these legs? I would not consider myself in the most tremendous shape but I'd like to start several months in advance and get more conditioned for long distance XC in this style.

Anything helps so I can figure out when I'm in reasonable shape to compete. 15 miles and a half hour ride? 30 miles and a 1-2 hour ride? If it helps at all I plan to do the Tiger race in Issy as that is where I grew up.

Cat Herder
    Though the course for the 410/Greenwater event has not been published, you can find the details for the trails at Evergreen's trail wik site: Evergreen Trail Guide
    Look for Skookum Flats, Suntop, and Ranger Creek.

I figure that the loop to connect Ranger, Skookum, and Suntop will be about 37 miles, and will probably take about 6 hours. I've done two of the three (Skookum and Suntop, and Skookum and Ranger) in a day but never all three. It's going to be a big, big day.

I almost wonder if the Beginner and Sport-level riders will have a shorter course.
    Eat. Ride. Sleep. Repeat

mtbr member
    I'd rather see Deep Creek over Ranger, but anything out that way will be cool!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by coling View Post
    I plan to do the Tiger race in Issy as that is where I grew up.
    I'm sure this year's course will be slightly different, but last year the race was set up like this:
    2014 Cascadia Dirt Cup Enduro Series Dates-20130927-082025.jpg

Winning times ranged from 25 minutes (pro male) to 58 minutes (beginner female). Total ride time was around 3.5 hours if I remember correctly. I don't remember the total vs race mileage, but you could it look up on Evergreen's site.

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    Tiger had one stage (E. Summit & Preston) that was in the 16-20 minute range. Basically if you can ride Tiger in 2-3 hours (E. Summit/Preston, Silent Swamp and NW Timber) you'll be pretty good. The transfer stages really are where some of the effort can occur. Getting a bit more climbing in is definitely a good thing. Chuckanut had tough climbing transitions. Mantra: There's beer at the end.

Cat Herder
    I wonder about that too. It would cut down considerably on the liaison, but I think if Ranger was included, it would permit a stage *to* the cabin, and one from the cabin to the highway. Who knows.
    Eat. Ride. Sleep. Repeat

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    so is there going to be a electric bike category? lmao j/k j/k. so as a second year rider here in the pnw would I be better in the beginner or maybe a sportsman class? I did a downhill race in Michigan about 7yrs back in the beginners class and came in 3rd and 5th so not quite sure.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mrosey View Post
    so is there going to be a electric bike category? lmao j/k j/k. so as a second year rider here in the pnw would I be better in the beginner or maybe a sportsman class? I did a downhill race in Michigan about 7yrs back in the beginners class and came in 3rd and 5th so not quite sure.
    You can always start off in the beginner class and depending on how you do and how your times compare you can move up if you do anymore races.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2