JRA
    mtbr member

10th Anniversary Thrilla - This Thur

Come on out to the Redmond area this Thursday evening for a celebratory ride on the Thrilla route! It's been 10 years since I've started riding this little suburban mtb ride.

Traditional tenth year anniversary gifts for a marriage are tin and aluminum, so maybe folks will maybe wear some aluminum hats or something else "creative". Singlespeeds, old hardtails, kilts ... lets create a rolling celebration.

Afterwards, we go into Black Raven for refreshments and telling of lies. Might even be a be a group that does a quick stop at Redhook also.

Please sign up on the Evergreen Mtb Calendar. I have one spare light set I'm willing to loan out if someone doesn't have a light (just let me know).

Hope to see you out there!

mtbr member
    I might actually be able to make it for once. Since I have Jury duty this week, I get out at 4pm usually.

I will call when I am omw. If not, we may be sequestered and not leaving any time soon. (and no communication either).
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

JRA
    mtbr member
    Despite looming grey skies, much much rain earlier in the day, and some weird spring weather (rain, snow, hail, wrath of god) the 10th anniversary of the Thrilla went off w/ a bang. 10 riders ... seems kind of appropriate, don't it?

No rain fell from the skies during the ride except for a few sprinkles at the very start. Plenty of wet came up to meet us from the ground. I'd forgotten to bring my rear fender so I got an extra healthy dose of da mud. As the instigator, I was forced to lead the pack and they were all snapping at my heels the whole time. I did my best to come up w/ a "not repeat" Thrilla route that starts and ends at Black Raven without going down the SRT. It's harder than you might think and it does involve a bit more road than normal. I think folks had fun though. I know I had fun trying not to slow the pack up as we descended down Golf Course Trail.

Thanks to everyone who came out last night, all the folks who've ridden w/ me on the Thrilla over the last 10 years, Redhook for "hosting" the after-ride refreshments for many years, and Black Raven for taking over the "hosting" & even better beer. Here's to the next 10. Last but not least ... thanks to the coyote pack for yipping it up so well as I was riding home from Redmond.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Sorry I couldn't make it. Well motor issues...

Thank you for instigating and sticking with it all these years...

mtbr member
    I want to join in on this ride one of these days. I am getting back into trail riding again, and have been wanting to do this ride for a while now - it sounds pretty fun!

I have been meaning to buy a helmet light for a while now, any suggestions on the best bang-for-the-buck?

JRA
    mtbr member
    Best bang-for-the-buck helmet light ... that's highly subjective and I'm frankly surprised that nobody has weighed in already. I still very very pleased w/ my MagicShine. I see a lot of them being used.

The light shootout here on MTBR is an excellent resource.