The king is on fire

Wisp DH/DS race sept. 29 & 30

Just got back from doing some building and shaping...everything is dialed. For those that don't know about the race come on out, the trails are not too rough for xc guys. Here are some pics from the weekend.

Video of sundays DH course can bee seen here... http://www.sicklines.com/courses/maryland/wisp_resort/

Dual Track (note: this is only half of the track)

Built another new feature on easy does it

Have fun.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Man that trail looks sweet!! I'm stuck with 495 til i can get i ride out there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

WISP Help

Can someone help me out. Me and a friend of mine are thinking about hitting the downhill at the WISP. We're both very much beginners to downhill. We mostly do XC using hardtail bikes. Would the WISP be something we could do? Is every trail real techinical and difficult? Any info would be appreciated. Also are they still allowing the bikes in October?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I actually just came back from wisp this past sunday.this was my first time with downhill am i am more of an xc rider converting to all mountain and i enjoyed the trails. they were hard to follow because they arent labled that great so you had to just guess if it was at your level of riding. they have trails there for all levels of riding. Just wished it had more ladders and other kinds of challenges other than the trail itself. Had a good time there and would go back if i didnt live so far away.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    How busy was it when you were there this weekend? This coming weekend is the last for biking until spring. I live within an hour of the Wisp.

mtbr member
    Everything at wisp is very rideable. If you are decent at XC you'll shouldn't have much problems with wisp. Just if you are a beginner don't go too fast, because the DH trails at Wisp are very fast if you are not careful.

You may also want to look into 7 springs if they are still open, just just opened a beginner friendly DH trail this year.

Touch My BASS
    This weekend I believe is the last weekend for bikes at wisp. I hear the lift fee is going to be close to F R E E. But Im not 100%, I heard from a friend who heard from the uncles, borthers, cousins, sisters, moms, dogs, owners, cat.

Give them a call =)

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant24Yukon
    How busy was it when you were there this weekend? This coming weekend is the last for biking until spring. I live within an hour of the Wisp.
    I went from 11 to 1 and there was maybe a total of 3 or 4 people on the whole mountain. No traffic on the trails it was pretty nice. I would go again but live to far away.

The king is on fire
    Yes it was free, there will be many other ladders, drops and gaps for next season.
    Have fun.