mtbr member
    May 2009

Will Fountainhead be open Sunday Dec 30, 2012

I'm here for the weekend and tried to beat the rain there this morning (Saturday) but the gates were locked already. Is there any chance it will be open tomorrow, Sunday Dec 30? I would love to ride it and it looks sweet from the gate but we are leaving Monday morning.

If closed what trails would you recommend a day after a rain?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Beautiful sunny Sunday morning. Hotline number says still closed since Thursday. No answer on the facebook page. Gotta tell you that this sucks. Seems like it should be open today.

Helmetless Crasher
    They are very protective of Fountainhead.

Lots of slush/rain/cold = soupy sloppy trail conditions around here, unless we get a sub-freezing night and you get on/off the trail the following AM before things thaw.
    Otherwise look forward to a slop fest no matter where you go around here right now.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

Trail Prospector
    Quote Originally Posted by ejfiii View Post
    Beautiful sunny Sunday morning. Hotline number says still closed since Thursday. No answer on the facebook page. Gotta tell you that this sucks. Seems like it should be open today.
    Welcome to the new improved Fh........
    If nearby the place to ride today w/o doing any damage is L- Hill.
    I'll be out there soon with the dogs to rake Power Station.
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Oh well, maybe next time. I walked about 500 yards in Saturday morning as the snow started and it seemed really solid and like it could have been ridden no problem.

On paper it seems a lot like like White Clay which I ride a lot. But I am eager to try the new machine made trails and berms at fountainhead which look awesome on the Internet. I wonder if they are like Raystown?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Fountainhead was open today, which is pretty surprising considering all the rain we've had. I didn't ride today but I heard it was a mess.

In case folks weren't aware; the Facebook trail updates are now done on the Fountainhead Regional Park page and are only occasionally reposted on the fountainhead project page.
    Last edited by Zakman; 12-30-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Helmetless Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by ejfiii View Post

On paper it seems a lot like like White Clay which I ride a lot.
    I love WC and also like FH an awful lot.

It is kinda similar to WC, but WC is flowier with more sustained speed. FH is more tech. Both are loads of fun.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
    Fountainhead was open today, which is pretty surprising considering all the rain we've had. I didn't ride today but I heard it was a mess.
    Well that really sucks. I called the park number at 11 and the recording was still dated Thursday and said it was closed. Oh well.

Hopefully next time.

Bicycle Radical
    I went to Fountainhead today and it was fairly messy alright. There are leaves everywhere and some slippery turns. The spots where the trail dips are all usually full of standing water too. My bike needed a decent cleaning afterward.
    Free people must travel the road to productive social relations at the speed of a bicycle.- Ivan Illich