Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2009

White Clay trail conditions

Anyone ride WC in the past week? I want to head there tomorrow, but wonder if the trails are dry from all the rain last week.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Well I realize I am late but I rode middle run yesterday and found it mostly dry but soupy at spots. Watch out for them because they will surprise you when you hit one. Almost fell twice within the first minute of my ride.

mtbr member
    Any beginners ride during the week?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    If it keeps raining on the weekends I may need to ditch work to get a weekday ride in. It's going on 4 weeks ffs! More rain forecast for this weekend too.

mtbr member
    I'm down from Tuesdays-Thursdays. I work weekends

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Riding during the week is better I think cuz of less people walking the trails.

Smarter Than He Looks
    A couple night of freeze/thaw created some slick trails over the weekend, but according to what I'm hearing trails are ok now.

Official, organized rides are pretty much over for the season. Wooden Wheels has a Wednesday Night ride out of the Pike Creek Shopping Center lot, call them for more info.

Henry's Bikes is located right at the trailhead, so they're usually a good source of info for current trail conditions.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    anybody ride there recently? I am just wondering if the snow that hit us up in Pennsylvania made it down that way either in the form of rain or snow, we are looking to ride somewhere near Philly on Sunday and figured if we head south from up in northeastern PA we might be OK
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Necro Pugs w/ Lefty PBR
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I live 15 miles south of white clay and we have about 4inches of snow laying on the ground atm. Haven't hit any trails since the snow so don't know what the trails look like.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Gah. Ok, thanks!
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Big Dummy

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post
    anybody ride there recently? I am just wondering if the snow that hit us up in Pennsylvania made it down that way either in the form of rain or snow, we are looking to ride somewhere near Philly on Sunday and figured if we head south from up in northeastern PA we might be OK
    Newark got the most snow in the region last sunday. 12"

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I've ran Middle Run three times this week since the snow. I don't know how it would translate into the 2-wheeled world since I'm a trail runner, but as of tonight, the trails have some sections of ice, some powder, some packed snow, and a few areas of exposed trail. It's a good technical run, so I'm assuming it would be the same for a bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailrunner33 View Post
    I've ran Middle Run three times this week since the snow. I don't know how it would translate into the 2-wheeled world since I'm a trail runner, but as of tonight, the trails have some sections of ice, some powder, some packed snow, and a few areas of exposed trail. It's a good technical run, so I'm assuming it would be the same for a bike.
    Thanks for the post! We are getting a good amount of snow up here so we are hitting up a cx race and going sledding with the kiddos tomorrow instead of heading south.
    Transition Bandit 29
    Surly Ogre
    Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Rode middle run today. 90% of the trails are clear. Other 10% being ice/snow in frequent 10ft patches. Did see a handful of mtb tracks as well In the snow. Only muddy in a few spots.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm heading out tomorrow night(Thursday) late at middle run. I'll post an update.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Anyone else planning on riding on Saturday? Weather is looking like it's going to cooperate.

If anyone rides today or tomorrow I'd love to know if things are slick out there. Need to decide on the 29er or fat bike for this weekend.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Rode white clay David English trail (personal favorite downhill) was pretty muddy. When it wasn't muddy it was snow covered. Defiantly made the ride more technical. Was happy with my goblins ability to climb on snow though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by schlava View Post
    I'm heading out tomorrow night(Thursday) late at middle run. I'll post an update.
    Schlava - Did you ride Middle Run last night? If so, how were the trail conditions?
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper EVO HT 29er

mtbr member
    I rode Middle Run this morning. I did a loop of basically the outer limits of MR including Possum Hollow, Snow Goose, and Lenape. Rode it counter clockwise. I'd say it's 50/50. There were good spots and bad spots. However, as the temperatures rise, some of the spots I considered good today will no longer be that way. The snow covered parts of the trail that were good today are gonna be messy once it melts. I think the next few days will allow things to dry out more, but I will not be back this weekend based on what I saw today. I'm gonna wait until the middle of next week when things get cold again so the trail can freeze up. Hopefully someone else can give us an update by then. If you do ride, be careful because there are some fairly slick spots. Also be preparted to get dirty. Happy Holidays!

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Can't believe people are trying to ride there the last few days. Guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything at this point.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    No I never made it out. Based upon ebay riders report I may stay off and just try brandywine tomorrow. Bwine seems to have a harder base and may be in slightly better shape. But I do agree that I bet the warmth and thawing may just bring up to much moisture over the next couple days.

mtbr member
    I rode Brandywine yesterday and its predominantly snow and iced covered. Slick bud definitely doable. Just be careful on the steep declines. After today though it probably all melted and will be pretty greasy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Rode middle run about mid day today. Middle run seems much better then white clay right now. Was maybe 30% muddy with other stuff just damp. Ima ride again tomorrow hoping it dried even more.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Tried getting in Brandywine before the rain sunday. Total soup. Turned around went home. After today's rain it's gonna be a while. Need freezing temps.

Rub it............
    Going to be mud for the next week or so with the freeze/thaw happening. Might want to ride Fair Hill instead.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast