Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Well here we go....... What's the Hurricane prognosis?... In an attempt to get some miles in before the deluge I rode MR Sat (also tried to get out early today but couldnt) and the trails were incredibly fast and perfect... Hopefully there will be sufficient drainage and not suffer any bridge damage... So what are we expecting?? Riding by the weeks end when the Sun pops back out I hope??..

Toro
    We are expecting a lot of rain and severe winds. When Irene came by, the volunteers were able to clear debris in a matter of days. Unfortunately, at this time of the year, the ground and vegetation do not absorb water as readily as in Spring and Summer. If we get the expected 6-10 inches of rain, don't expect the ground to be solid enough to ride for a few days.

As for the bridges, some of the smaller bridges suffered minor damage. At least one bridge I'm aware of was washed away but stayed intact. I had to transport it back to it's site and re-install it. I believe that most of the bigger bridges will be okay.

Trail Spinners will be out in force as soon as is possible and we will likely have trail conditions to report in a matter of a day or two but this all depends on the path Sandy chooses.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    If I aint riding, or repairing my own property, Id like to help. Please keep this posted as to the cleanup effort. Maybe those of us that enjoy it will find time to give a few hours back.

Toro
    I'll certainly be out on Thursday and Friday. I'll post reports as soon ASAP.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

What up, yo?
    Thanks Ricardo! Hope to catch up with you later in the week to help with the cleanup effort.

RLK
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I'm off Friday. Please let me know when and where you'll be working.

Toro
    Due to the storm, my job requires me to work on Thursday and Friday unless something changes. However, I'll get you in touch with someone that may be able to use you on Friday, RLK. Thanks for the offer.

My earliest possible date to schedule a clean-up party will be this Saturday. Let me know what times work for you. I usually start at 9am. Thank you.

We did what we could with hand tools. Most major debris is cleared. We made a new log-over because we couldn't remove this tree. Some will require chainsaws. These can only be used on state and county property by certified individuals. But they will be deployed soon. Don't worry. The ground is wet and I think that if we get a two days with no rain we should be able to get out and ride again. This Saturday we can concentrate on removing debris and clearing mud holes.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

RLK
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by leoferus View Post
    Due to the storm, my job requires me to work on Thursday and Friday unless something changes. However, I'll get you in touch with someone that may be able to use you on Friday, RLK. Thanks for the offer.

My earliest possible date to schedule a clean-up party will be this Saturday. Let me know what times work for you. I usually start at 9am. Thank you.
    I have no idea what I'm going to find when I get to work today...between my office location and my facilities. So I may end up working Friday. I can help any time on Saturday. Thanks for what you've done already!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Shame you can't leave that big boy log over as is!

Toro
    This Saturday @ 9am from Zyngo's is definite. Thanks for volunteering.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

Toro
    Quote Originally Posted by techfersure View Post
    Shame you can't leave that big boy log over as is!
    I might be able to but I must provide an alternate path. Yesterday we just performed emergency repairs to reopen the trails. We will address particulars when we have more time and the major issues have been addressed.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    This Saturday @ 9am from Zyngo's is definite. Thanks for volunteering.
    planning on being there. Just to be sure, how much of a party is this? Should I bring a pitcher of bloddy marys or should I bring gatorade and gloves?

Toro
    Gatorade and gloves in the am. Riding in the pm.

We have a few people committed. We should be able to do some good work and have fun after.

All are welcome. Don't be shy. The more people shore up the better. After work, I'd like to ride to main street for lunch. Then ride back to the trails for a few hours.
    Last edited by leoferus; 11-02-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

Toro
    We had a great turn out yesterday. blue42blue42 came out to help. Thanks a bunch.

Stumpjumpy came out later to ride. We took him on a 20 mile tour. Lot's of fun!

On another note, the trails are open. We have done all we can to remove all major obstacles. However, some branches may remain. Please take the time to stop and move these out of the way. This goes a long way.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

Helmetless Crasher
    We had a great turn out yesterday. blue42blue42 came out to help. Thanks a bunch.

Stumpjumpy came out later to ride. We took him on a 20 mile tour. Lot's of fun!

On another note, the trails are open. We have done all we can to remove all major obstacles. However, some branches may remain. Please take the time to stop and move these out of the way. This goes a long way.
    That was a great ride! Pretty spectacular riding up there - a little bit of everything.

Kudos to you guys for maintaining the trails in that condition. Gotta be hard work.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

Toro
    The following schedules are for both Lums Pond SP & White Clay Creek SP:

Lums Pond SP
    Archery Season: October 15th thru January 26th (all trails will be open......please be respectful to hunters and stay on the trails.)
    Shotgun Season:
    November 9th thru November 17th (all trails will be closed.)
    December 8th thru December 15th (all trails will be closed.)
    January 19th thru January 26th (all trails will be closed.)

If you have any questions, please contact the LPSP office at 302-368-6989

White Clay Creek SP
    Archery Season: October 15th thru November 8th (all trails will be open.....please be respectful to hunters and stay on the trails.)
    Shotgun Season:
    November 9th thru November 17th (any trails that are closed will be marked.)
    December 13th thru December 15th (any trails that are closed will be marked.)
    January 19th thru January 26th (any trails that are closed will be marked.)

If you have any questions, please contact the WCCSP office at 302-368-6900
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

mtbr member
    The following schedules are for both Lums Pond SP & White Clay Creek SP:

Lums Pond SP
    Archery Season: October 15th thru January 26th (all trails will be open......please be respectful to hunters and stay on the trails.)
    Shotgun Season:
    November 9th thru November 17th (all trails will be closed.)
    December 8th thru December 15th (all trails will be closed.)
    January 19th thru January 26th (all trails will be closed.)

If you have any questions, please contact the LPSP office at 302-368-6989

White Clay Creek SP
    Archery Season: October 15th thru November 8th (all trails will be open.....please be respectful to hunters and stay on the trails.)
    Shotgun Season:
    November 9th thru November 17th (any trails that are closed will be marked.)
    December 13th thru December 15th (any trails that are closed will be marked.)
    January 19th thru January 26th (any trails that are closed will be marked.)

If you have any questions, please contact the WCCSP office at 302-368-6900
    Are Sundays huntable in DE state parks?
    Obviously nothing in season this Sunday(18th) besides bow at Lums, but for future reference.

Smarter Than He Looks
    Quote Originally Posted by goalieman24 View Post
    Are Sundays huntable in DE state parks?
    Obviously nothing in season this Sunday(18th) besides bow at Lums, but for future reference.
    No hunting on Sundays.

Toro

Thank you everyone that has helped. I'm exhausted. I'll post some pictures from today's work party tomorrow. In the meantime, I put together this collage of all the features currently finished at Creekside.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

mtbr member

Thank you everyone that has helped. I'm exhausted. I'll post some pictures from today's work party tomorrow. In the meantime, I put together this collage of all the features currently finished at Creekside.
    Great work!.... I just got back from a solo night ride and was pleasantly surprised to see the second feature across from the bottom bracket monster... I would love to lend my mind and a hand in future features... For now however as you can see by me sneaking in a last minute night ride by my self tonight as my only ride in a week, my work and home schedules keep me ridiculously busy... I am planning on continuing to try to scavenge some hours to help in the future.. You Guys do an amazing job with the trails..

P.S. What's up with the drawbridge project??.. That one really has my attention and is right up my alley.... Haha..

Toro
    I know how it is to be busy. I can usually go out on Thursdays and Fridays as well. So, if you have spare time on those days I can certainly find something for us to do. There's more work to be done than people to do it. PM me if you ever find yourself with time and there isn't any work scheduled.

As for the drawbridge, well, that's a long shot. The state would have to not only approve it but build it. We cannot assume liability for an articulated structure. So, just like I mentioned in the "Trail Building" forum, this was to be considered mostly academic.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

mtbr member
    I know how it is to be busy. I can usually go out on Thursdays and Fridays as well. So, if you have spare time on those days I can certainly find something for us to do. There's more work to be done than people to do it. PM me if you ever find yourself with time and there isn't any work scheduled.

As for the drawbridge, well, that's a long shot. The state would have to not only approve it but build it. We cannot assume liability for an articulated structure. So, just like I mentioned in the "Trail Building" forum, this was to be considered mostly academic.
    Oh I know the drawbridge was just a design exercise and would be a liability nightmare.. I just had to bring it up as I found it engaging and wanted to mention it.. I'll let you know when I can spare some time.. Hopefully sooner and later... I run a family business with 2 locations, work 6 days a week between Greenville and Lewes and have an infant at home so I have to really bargain for my time right now.. To put it in context I'm hockey friends with Justin D the chiro and have tried all summer to coordinate schedules to get a ride in together.. Despite chatting almost every other day it never happened.. I'll shoot you a fb request and we can try to set something up....

-Nick D

Toro
    Thank you, Nick, for making an effort to come out and help us. Your heart and mind are in the right place but it seems as though you are needed where you are. As much as we need you, your family and business come first. I just wish those that can do will do.

As I've said before, and this is addressed to everyone, we have more projects than we have people to carry them out. Of course, there's a trial period new volunteers must go through in order to be able to handle tools, machines, etc. Also, new volunteers must learn techniques, guidelines, and safety measures. Once all that is out of the way, we can start to form teams that can tackle individual projects. But that is what we need, we need riders of all skill levels to contribute.

Let me put it this way, if I'm the only one building, what kind of difficulty levels do you think you will see? Well, I'm an advanced/beginner (call it intermediate). So, whatever I make will likely fall in the categories of beginner, intermediate, and advanced intermediate. Why? Because that's my envelope. What I think is difficult an advanced rider will find hard. So, we need CAT 1 racers to come out and not just talk about what they want. Help build it. Come and show us what it is you want built. Just as well as I'm starting to move away from easy stuff and, when building training features for beginners, I need a beginner to give me some perspective. You all get the point, I hope.

So, take Nick as an example and make the effort to come out. Take blue42 as well, he comes from another state to help us. So, he sacrifices time and gas money to help us out.
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

Lance Criminal
    Oct 2012
    Spotted a devil today on the trails! Happy Thanksgiving guys and hopefully when school winds down I'll have more time to help with trail maintenance.

Toro
    Awesome! Where did we run into you?
    Ricardo aka "El Toro"
    Team Raging Toro
    Toro Page on G+

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast